Weird Bug: stones used to craft rock cache or sticks placed in it reappearing in backpack? Anyone seen similar?

AdamvR

Hi All,

Has anyone seen some weird behavior related to rock caches recently?
Wanted to ask around before reporting it to support (unless someone has already reported it?).

Summarized it in the title, a bit more detail.
I ran into it twice that my character was dragging more than it should have been, and checked the backpack for what might be causing it.
Once found nearly a 100 sticks in my backpack, while pretty sure I recently stored them in a rock cache near Climber's Cave in Ash Canyon - as I climbed out of that plateau. After picking up a few new sticks two climbs further up, I found roughly the same amount of sticks in my backpack, as before (could not tell the exact number).
The second time I built a rock cache near the cave in echo ravine with the laptop guy in it. After that, walking towards Ash Canyon I found the 60+ rocks in my backpack again.
Both happened a few minutes after interacting with the mentioned rock caches. Never before encountered such a thing.
Anyone else experienced similar?

Thanks for the info!

• Upvote 1

My alternative explanation is (and an event happening a moment ago support this): there are some sticks/stones on the ground, that are worth more than 1 stick/stone. This time there was no rock caches involved.
I'm just out picking sticks, and have found myself to be carrying over 180 sticks - this was unrealistic, as I have only been picking up about a 100. Then I continued my way back home, picked up another one and I stopped being able to move. Full stop. checked again: it was now 250+ sticks, just after picking up one more from 180.
Has anyone seen this?

(I'll be sending my log to support as soon as I get back and can save it)

Edited by AdamvR