Some way of quick access the Cannery workshop in Bleak inlet? That long trek over the planks is tiresome.

elpresidente

I agree, having to go through that tedious trek becomes annoying. Being able to unlock a shortcut back up would be helpful. And I'm not just talking about the cannery, I'm sure there are other key locations I would like a shortcut back too.

• Upvote 3

Not a solution for everyone, but there is a mod for that. I tried it, it works, but I also found it looked ugly & I stopped using it. It just creates a flat bridge across the gap. IIRC timber wolves can't use it, either. I don't recall the mod name.

But yeah, I don't understand why they didn't make a shortcut which opened after you accessed the workshop for the first time. Deployed a short rope or whatever.

Edited by Kranium
  • Upvote 2

I suspect that if Episode 4 had expanded play involving Astrid that the possibility existed for her to find the workshop and be able to deploy a shortcut for access (for quest  purposes, of course) and that would then become available for survival mode players.  Why give something away for free when it might be of use to a quest (the thinking at the time)?  So, no quest.  No shortcut. 

Because of the physical separation between Coastal Highway and Bleak Inlet, there might also have been an explanation for that robo-boat that took her from presumably Coastal Highway to that dock in Perseverance Mills.