Xbox release

I heard back in fall 2022 this was coming out in Dec so I stopped playing my survival save and I’ve been waiting. Only to find out that it actually didn’t come out until February and it’s still not out for Xbox as of Feb 28th. When are they going to release information saying exactly for sure when it’s coming out?? I really don’t want to have to buy the steam version because I prefer games like this on a console, except VR ones. Also, will we have to purchase it separately from the game or is it similar to the episodes that get added every so often? I’ve been playing this game for many, many years (since episode 1-2 and have completed all available badges/feats/challenges) so I don’t want to play more knowing my survival saves will be incompatible with the new version. I’m getting restless waiting to explore! Please release more info that gives a definitive date for Xbox! Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

It's estimated march 15th.    The updates free but not the dlc.

Have they released it anywhere that we can go ahead and pre-purchase it or find out how much it’s going to cost? For Xbox I mean, not steam. So the update that makes the saves incompatible is going to be free but in order to actually play the new content it’s going to be a DLC correct? Will we be able to just do a one time purchase?

@Tonya1026No pre purchase I'm afraid.  The price I can't remember off hand ,it's on the forum somewhere I believe .possibly £17 or 19 dollars.

The new areas are dlc yes and correct on the save deletion.  I think you can purchase the entire lot in one go .. 

If I find the info I'll try and link it here...if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Edited by Leeanda

Ok thank you so much! I’ll try to figure out how to scroll back that far to read it. Usually after I beat the new stuff, I take a couple months break so I miss out on the news and info during those times. I’m so excited for the new content! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2023 at 3:58 PM, Tonya1026 said:

I heard back in fall 2022 this was coming out in Dec so I stopped playing my survival save and I’ve been waiting. Only to find out that it actually didn’t come out until February and it’s still not out for Xbox as of Feb 28th. When are they going to release information saying exactly for sure when it’s coming out?? I really don’t want to have to buy the steam version because I prefer games like this on a console, except VR ones. Also, will we have to purchase it separately from the game or is it similar to the episodes that get added every so often? I’ve been playing this game for many, many years (since episode 1-2 and have completed all available badges/feats/challenges) so I don’t want to play more knowing my survival saves will be incompatible with the new version. I’m getting restless waiting to explore! Please release more info that gives a definitive date for Xbox! Thanks! 

Thank you for reaching out, and for your patience. 

Our most recent post has some helpful information about the upcoming release of TALES on Xbox: https://www.thelongdark.com/news/dev-update-february-2023/ 

We will have updated pricing info available shortly as well. Thank you, again, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions!