Greetings from the land of Dixie!

conanjaguar

Hello everyone! For my 1000th post on the Forum, I have decided to formally introduce myself, since I simply jumped onto the scene last May.

My name is Conan, and I hail from the steamy, muggy land of Dixie. I am an online student of Hillsdale College, aspiring game developer, and I probably know more about World War Two and the Cold War than most history teachers… although it usually doesn’t show, since I have always been an antisocial type, generally preferring a good book to human company.

I discovered TLD in those olden days before recycled cans and spray paint, playing mostly on an easier-than-Pilgrim custom setting with no hostile wildlife. I often abandoned the runs after two weeks or so out of boredom, and never thought to try a higher difficulty. So, I ended up moving on from TLD to The Forest… until one fateful day when I was bored and looked up “TLD Survival Stories”. I was directed to the appropriate section of the Forum, and avidly read through the adventures of ManicManiac, Drifter Man, Jeffpeng, and Leeanda. 

Inspired by their tales, I reinstalled TLD and jumped back in on Stalker difficulty, naming all my runs after the Knights of the Round Table. At first, I was frankly awful, but soon got the hang of it.

And that, folks, is how ‘Conanjaguar” was born.

Now it’s shameless self promotion time…

I run a small YouTube channel called “The Polish Brothers”. I mainly do Subnautica “let’s play” type videos, but am planning to start spreading out to other games in the near future.

• Upvote 1