Can not find Momento Key in HRV

First off, love the new stuff!!

So, I got the New DLC right after it was released.  All play has been in straight Stalker. 

First run, started in BR and quickly headed to TFTFT.  Had gotten to the first trailer in the FT and realized that I should have done more in BR (as well as gotten more stuff ) before heading into the new Zone.  Had headed back and was working over BR when getting killed by a lot of wolves.

I figured that I should start other areas and then go to the new zone when ready, so my 2nd run, I started in HRV.  I was about finished finding everything in HRV, had bumped over to MT to get a few really needed things and was starting to work at getting things out of HRV into MT when I ran into a bunch of Wolves between the two Ice Caves and died.

But I had found the HRV Key and had gotten the item from the lock-box before doing so.

And now this time, I had started in MT, had found the MT Key and had gotten into the MT lock-box and had started to move into HRV, to find weapons & stuff.  I had done all the Upper MT and on this run, had not found a Rifle nor a Bow nor a Hatchet.  Once I had gotten into HRV, I had found all 3.

I had also found the Memento Hint paper, but no key to go with it.  And If I try the MT key on the HRV lock-box, it won't open.

I've now have finished up all of HRV (except for getting my loot back to MT) and no key in sight.  Help!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess that I missed one spot as I had not looked around where the 2nd note was, so it wouldn't put the one on the 'tween rope shelf to then get to into the box.  guess you need to do that in that order.  My first time, I did find the one, but for got it on the 2nd time through.

Also, the hidden cache that you find next to the cave takes up one of the 5 Rock Cache spots for the zone.  So, if you want to use that for your own personal cache, then you have to remove the cache to take it from the list...

Yeah, You NEED to get them in the order that you need, because if you go out of order, then they are NOT there.  I had already been to the shelf where the key was and it wasn't there.  But after going though the sequence, I found the one thing I missed and now have the key...