Episode 3 Wolves

Moosemaster

So after doing a play through of episode 3 (good job but a little tedious) and I ran into the same but not once but 3 times. I think I have found out what causes it. So the glitch begins after I get attacked by a wolf pack while transporting a survivor, specifically any of the 3 NOT from the plane. I fight them off like normal nothing goes wrong there. But it seems that if I run into wolves less than 3 minutes after the initial attack the wolves become aggressive, however they do not start the hunt sequence (where they call their friends and the health bar shows up) instead they just chase me like normal wolves and because no matter how many times I scare them they won’t go away, I’m forced to either all my flares to slowly and painfully transport the survivor 5 meters at a time to a shelter so I can sleep for 4-5 hours so they go away. Or just reset back to my last save and completely avoid where the wolves are. This bug seems to be caused by back to back wolf exposure and can completely kill a good run if the timing is bad. Personally I had to spend an extra 2 hours trying to figure out a path to let me avoid any more than 1 wolf attack per survivor.
It also did not help that like a dummy I left all my medicine and kerosene at the plane not knowing I needed it and had to go all the way back there just to die to a bear by the barn after getting it and having to go all the way back 😵💫

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the health bar encounter only occurs with timber wolves. So if you encounter normal wolves it wont happen. I remember this episode being the most annoying and intense at the same time, due to the immense amount of wolves. There is a part of this episode that will make things very hard on you. No spoilers but when you go for the radio site come fully prepared with flares and weapons.

Marine flares (blue ones) are the best btw at keeping them at bay. However light doesnt scare them away, usually. If you can, kill 4 wolves and make the wolf coat. Makes some of them scamper away.

Even on green survivor the twolves were a pain..  I had to stop every five minutes because of them.. I wouldn't have minded so much if the blizzard hadn't been there through nearly  all the entire episode.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, HyperLordBender said:

I believe the health bar encounter only occurs with timber wolves. So if you encounter normal wolves it wont happen. I remember this episode being the most annoying and intense at the same time, due to the immense amount of wolves. There is a part of this episode that will make things very hard on you. No spoilers but when you go for the radio site come fully prepared with flares and weapons.

Marine flares (blue ones) are the best btw at keeping them at bay. However light doesnt scare them away, usually. If you can, kill 4 wolves and make the wolf coat. Makes some of them scamper away.

There are no normal wolves in episode 3 except the first wolf you encounter which is meant as a revolver tutorial. Also I’ve beaten the episode already

Edited by Moosemaster

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Even on green survivor the twolves were a pain..  I had to stop every five minutes because of them.. I wouldn't have minded so much if the blizzard hadn't been there through nearly  all the entire episode.

Yeah it’s especially annoying in the last stretch, after you recuse all survivors and need to get to the radio and escape I’ve tried multiple saves and every time there is constant blizzards that never end. So i think they are scripted

1 minute ago, Moosemaster said:

Yeah it’s especially annoying in the last stretch, after you recuse all survivors and need to get to the radio and escape I’ve tried multiple saves and every time there is constant blizzards that never end. So i think they are scripted

I have seen it be clear throughout the entire episode before but only once.. that was hardened survivor weirdly..   he did have a few issues with bears though ,which luckily I never even saw any of..   I'd rather have the blizzard.😁

I know the big blizzard is supposed to be coming ,as father Thomas said but I've always had it before he tells us.  Maybe a bug that no one's mentioned before so it never got fixed?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I have seen it be clear throughout the entire episode before but only once.. that was hardened survivor weirdly..   he did have a few issues with bears though ,which luckily I never even saw any of..   I'd rather have the blizzard.😁

I know the big blizzard is supposed to be coming ,as father Thomas said but I've always had it before he tells us.  Maybe a bug that no one's mentioned before so it never got fixed?

I have a feeling that’s a hardened survivor thing, i also had 2 TW packs and a bear following me to the radio tower

5 minutes ago, Moosemaster said:

I have a feeling that’s a hardened survivor thing, i also had 2 TW packs and a bear following me to the radio tower

Entirely possible,the bears anyway...    I did have two lots of twolves on the way to the tower,despite going off road to try and avoid them.  .

I tried that tactic on the way back from the crash site too....it failed 😁

• Upvote 1