Killing animations for animals.

Naimad

I was playing a long time yesterday and I happen to watch a wolf kill a deer. The thing I noticed was the wolf kind of just bit the air a couple feet away from the deer and then the deer fell over and randomly a giant hole appeared in the side of the deer. This broke the immersion within the games world and made me feel more detached. This is the first time I ever have seen a wolf kill a deer. 

What I’m suggesting is that take down animations are added for wildlife that is hunting. For example I would like to see the wolf enter a chase with the deer, and quickly jump biting its neck causing it to fall down. This simple animation will add a new immersion into the long dark. I would have a different animation for the bear considering it is much bigger. I would also add in an animation for a wolf attacking a bunny. Maybe it just runs up and snatches it in his mouth and runs off with it.

anther thing that has bothered me since Mooses  were added and I’m not sure this has been changed but when a wolf and A moose are passive to each other. Shouldn’t they fight each other if they came into contact for granted I did see this A long time ago and could have been changed, but I doubt there is any form of attack animation. If not I would like one to be implemented. If so I would love to see it.

these are the things that I noticed that really broke the immersion of the long dark.

I am open to feedback and would be happy to know if anyone else has noticed this.

• Upvote 2