Idea for a game mode

PecaPig

Hello everyone, 

Read the announcement and am excited with the new features that we have coming. The trader thing did catch my attention and reminded me of an idea I had sometime ago that I think would be awesome as a mission or add on to survival.

It's actually not that complicated, once you spawn in the world there are a few radios in the world like the one in Signal Tower and from those places you can catch distress calls from other survivors asking for certain supplies. You'd only have one active at a given time and you'd have to make it to the location, by a certain ammount of days and carrying the resources needed. 

Once you deliver the supplies successfully there'd be an NPC that thanks you for your help and a radio from which to pick up the next mission. The resources, time constraint and location of delivery would be random and of varying difficulty. 

If you coupled this with Interloper or Stalker it would be a hell of a challenge since it would force you to get into harms way and not fully loot all the maps you pass if time is tight.

You could place one radio in pretty much each map that doesn't already have one and you'd be good to go. 

You could also randomice this yourself and role play everything, rolling dice for example to see what, where and by what date you need to deliver.

For safe players like myself that don't feel compelled to go outside our comfort maps and areas if there is no pressing need it would force us into a much more daring play style. 

Anyways, thanks for reading, let me know what you think! 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I did read this and intend to reply but got interrupted and sadly forgot after that..my apologies. 

I like the idea actually.. I know most people don't want an npc so maybe just stick to radio messages but it would work well. Even if not in survival mode it could work as a proper challenge.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! 

35 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I did read this and intend to reply but got interrupted and sadly forgot after that..my apologies. 

I like the idea actually.. I know most people don't want an npc so maybe just stick to radio messages but it would work well. Even if not in survival mode it could work as a proper challenge.

Yeah, no real need for NPC's, thanks for replying!

• Upvote 1