All Places on Map chapter 1

Liberty_Fox

The Long Dark is the good game and I have been playing in this game since first alfa version in Steam. 

And in this topic I will try to describe my experience in challenge "all places on map"
What I mean, when say "all places on map" - I mean ALL map, every named and non-name place like main house on Pleasant Valley and comon field with wolves on Ash Canyon. Every places on each map and places between map. 

But first - small precondition. 
First of all - this topic is my teacher for written English (I'm not 15 y.o. I'm from Ukraine and I try to learn English), so if you will find a mistakes and you will desire - I will be glad if you mark my mistakes. 
Second - "Why you choose stalker (wolf icon) but not a uninvited guest (skull icon)" - Because I don't like play when game lost many part of content and game-mechanics. What I mean: no rifle, no many types of clothes, no axe, no knife, a lot of items, etc. 
Third - My story is in progress, so if you will find a part when you see something like "Well, stupid wolf killed me" - don't leave this topic cuz I will try next game with the same challange. 

So... I think we can start our story. 

This challenge started from 61 day when I, after successfully moved soma things from Ash Canyon and Wolf Mountain. In general it was bullet for rifle and pistol, also tools like (repair kit for clothes and for items (rifle and axe, etc)). First map for was Pleasant Valley - one of the largest map in game. It was hard, because I didn't have needed skills - particulary cooking and pistol skill. I started sketch PV (pleasant valley) from left side. But, when I was walking to border I found a chest with photo. This foto was very needed, because, if you don't know, if you find a photo, you can draw the big part of map, if you will draw on right place. After that I changed my way from the border to the radio-tower and in the end of the day I was on it. After successful night I draw my map by photo and then I went to the left border. It was good way, because I immediately found a rifle in the car in the dead end road (way to Black Rock) and, behind the next corner I found a lost bunker. Despite that this bunker was the most useless of all (bunker with a firewoods) I can find a nice stuff in it. I found blue toolkit and toolkit for clothes. After it I was going to the crashed plane by border. Sometimes my coals end, but when it happened I killed wolf or deer and cooking their meat on campfire. I must say that if you haven't 5* cooking and you are hungry - you can eat 2 parts of predators meat. My recommendation - 2 parts of bears meat when each one is 1 kilo. This way get you something about 2 thousand kkal and 4% of the most of terrible illness. Of course, if you eat 2 parts of meat wolves when each one is 0.01 kilo you will get same 4% of the terrible illness but something about 130 kcal. You can see the diference. 

Well, in general, draw PV  was hard. Sometimes, when I prepared firewoods for capmfires a bears found me and try to eat, but I'm the  most faster hand on the Wild wild west. I can set fire the red stick by 1 second. This skill always save me from bears. (spoiler: this skill save me in future again). By this time I collected many types of skins and guts. For achivement I've created bears bed pack, also I've created jaket from wolfs, shirt from deer, rabbits gloves and hats. Also I killed a moose on the pound and prepare his skin for another backpack. 

Well, seems like Pleasant Valley draw story is end. I leave my map in the attachment and you can see my result. Next station is Desolation Point (by the way, on my opinion in RU or UA version this location called better "Мис Самоти" or "Зона Запустения"). 

pleasant valley.png

pleasant valley3.png

pleasant valley4.png

pleasant valley5.png

pleasant valley2.png

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Liberty_Fox said:

The Long Dark is the good game and I have been playing in this game since first alfa version in Steam. 

"The Long dark is a good game". Unless you mean to say that the long dark is the only good game. 

"I have been playing this it since". The "in" is implied. Often times using an "it" in the second half of a sentence in place of a noun in the first half sounds better, but there's technically nothing wrong with "game".

"since the/a first alpha version". Use "the" when something is unique; other wise use "a". Lots of people spell alpha "alfa", but that is a type of grass and nothing else. Use the Greek ph.

14 hours ago, Liberty_Fox said:

And in this topic I will try to describe my experience in challenge "all places on map"

"In this thread, I will try to describe". If you're starting a sentence with an "and" something has gone wrong. The topic is the long dark.

I don't have time to go through every sentence so, I'll skip to the parts I found to be the funniest

But first - small precondition. 

Why is this its own line. As a matter of fact, this entire paragraph structure only works on the internet. You might see things that look similar in professional works, but I don't think you're learning a specific format like APA, MLA or AMA so, you should try and keep things as regular paragraphs until you've mastered them. ^ I am aware that I did not use proper APA formatting in this post.

a uninvited guest

While technically a correct translation the word used in the game is Interloper. An interloper is someone who interferes, is unwelcome. On Interloper difficulty you are an intruder for nature to push out of the world. 

Post scriptum. I don't know how well you read English so, you might not understand very much of what I have said. If I had tried to write this in Russian, you defiantly would not have been able to understand. Germanic languages are very different then Slavic ones and English can be tricky with, a versus an, colons versus semicolons, two, to, and too, their, there, and they're, when it is okay to use conjunctions, commas, the difference between raspberries, and raspenberries and no one can agree what these Ollies are called  Pill bug | Rate Every Animal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RegentRelic said:

"The Long dark is a good game". Unless you mean to say that the long dark is the only good game. 

"I have been playing this it since". The "in" is implied. Often times using an "it" in the second half of a sentence in place of a noun in the first half sounds better, but there's technically nothing wrong with "game".

"since the/a first alpha version". Use "the" when something is unique; other wise use "a". Lots of people spell alpha "alfa", but that is a type of grass and nothing else. Use the Greek ph.

"In this thread, I will try to describe". If you're starting a sentence with an "and" something has gone wrong. The topic is the long dark.

I don't have time to go through every sentence so, I'll skip to the parts I found to be the funniest

Why is this its own line. As a matter of fact, this entire paragraph structure only works on the internet. You might see things that look similar in professional works, but I don't think you're learning a specific format like APA, MLA or AMA so, you should try and keep things as regular paragraphs until you've mastered them. ^ I am aware that I did not use proper APA formatting in this post.

While technically a correct translation the word used in the game is Interloper. An interloper is someone who interferes, is unwelcome. On Interloper difficulty you are an intruder for nature to push out of the world. 

Post scriptum. I don't know how well you read English so, you might not understand very much of what I have said. If I had tried to write this in Russian, you defiantly would not have been able to understand. Germanic languages are very different then Slavic ones and English can be tricky with, a versus an, colons versus semicolons, two, to, and too, their, there, and they're, when it is okay to use conjunctions, commas, the difference between raspberries, and raspenberries and no one can agree what these Ollies are called  Pill bug | Rate Every Animal

My gratitude for this comment. It's true that I don't understood many part when I try to read this without translate. Many of these mistakes I made because I still thinking on ua language, but sometimes it's not gonna work, any you will make mistakes. Anyway I'm very happy that somebody can show me my mistake. In next part I will try to prevent this mistakes. 

P.s. Am I right that bug's picture its example in different type in meaning English? Because, if I'm not right, I don't know why this bug here) 

Edited by Liberty_Fox
  • Upvote 1