Did I just discover a new glitch?

piddy3825

As the title asks, did I just discover a new glitch?

New stalker mode game, Ash Canyon and I just entered the gold mine.
I fired up a regular red flare and began walking down the tunnels and of course
got my socks and boots wet crossing the semi frozen water pools as I made my
way to the center chamber where I hoped to retrieve the technical backpack.

Will was complaining about having cold wet feet so I decided to change boots as i had two
pairs in my possession.  I didn't drop the flare, just toggled my inventory as I hit the "I" key on my 
keyboard opening my inventory.  I used the clothing UI and changed boots and when I closed the menu
the flare was no longer in my hand, nor on the ground but never the less the interior tunnel was still being 
illuminated. 
screen_58b9c056-460e-430f-91fd-e8bdcfbb3aa8_hi.thumb.png.d071fac3885a3a92945dc07b38d315bd.png

I walked the rest of the way to the main chamber and when I picked up a lump of coal before heading to the backpack, suddenly the flare
reappeared in my hand...
screen_c3657e56-1ec6-400d-a1de-c385c65c965e_hi.thumb.png.751e7757f62115a412a4261dda0af5d9.png

Now this sorta thing has never happened to me before, so I'm curious if anyone one else in the community has experienced this?
It was defintely interesting and kinda nice not having the glaring flare in front of my face for a while!  Now I'm wondering if I can duplicate this phenomena 
perhaps using a lantern?  Imagine being able to transit and entire length of a cave basically hands free...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Admin said:

If it happens again, please don't hesitate to file a ticket via the Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

I've actually duplicated the "error/glitch" multiple times and also using the lantern.  I don't see it as a problem necessarily because when you click on anything, say to pick up an item or to open a container or open a door, the light source immediately appears in my characters hand.  Might be problematic however if the player were outside and subsequently was thrown into a wolf stuggle.  I may just have to go test that sometime.