New mechanics---upgrade mountaineering, fishing and medicine!

Gleb_Golovin

Hello people!
My name is Gleb, I'm from Russia, so I want to apologize in advance for mistakes in the text)
I have been playing TLD since 2017 and during this time I have accumulated a couple of ideas that will most likely add more life and probably realism to the game.
I would like to update in-game things like this:
Fishing, Mountaineering, medicine, books with skills and animations.

1) Fishing:
In real life, I have a lot of experience in fishing, namely: 9 years and a year in the fishing sports federation, so I am well aware of this topic.

At the moment, in The Long Dark, we have just the most boring fishing that could have been invented in the game, in fact, the player came, hollowed out a hole in a specially designated place, chose the number of hours of fishing and just wait ...TT
It's boring, Fishing in the TLD itself is not a very popular and useful activity, so it's also tedious, my suggestions:

Developers could add such things as: different types of winter fishing rods, fishing lines or cords that would be more difficult to break, maybe different spoons or balancers, attachments on the hook, and then at this point in time it turns out that the character can catch trout for 3 kilograms just on a bare hook with a fishing line tied somehow from the intestines. It would be possible to make the fish bite vary depending on the weather and time of day.
It's also quite hard for me to believe that there is not a single fishing shop or trailer on the same coastal highway, the same applies to other locations with large bodies of water.

2) Mountaineering:
I'm not as well versed in this topic as I am in fishing, so please correct me, but still I've been climbing in my city for a year.
Mountaineering in TLD is dead, or rather it simply does not exist!
Since we have recently added climbing cats, I believe that it was possible to add other things like:
New lighter cables (not 5 kilograms), carabiners, safety belts (so that you can rest in the middle of the climb) ice axes and whatever else.
It would be possible to add new places where you can attach cables, ice rocks on which the character could climb without a cable but with cats and ice axes, so that he could screw carbines into the ice and attach insurance and much more.
Mountaineering can be made an integral part of the TLD - after all, we already have such cool locations for climbing as: Timberwolf Mountain, Hushed River Valley and Ash canyon.
And again-stores with equipment, well, I can't believe that in such a popular area among climbers there is not a single store or wagon with consumables!

3) Medicine:
In principle, everything is not so bad in the game with her, I would just add a couple of mechanics and new animations and it would be great:
It would be more interesting if it were possible to treat various parts of the body (for example, as in Escape From Tarkov), that is: after a fight with a bear, he bit your right leg badly, there is bleeding and you have to tighten the leg with a tourniquet, and only then wrap bandages and painkillers! It would be possible to add a concussion after which you would have the effect of "nausea” for a while and reduced health.

And again! I don't think there is not a single hospital or even the simplest hospital on the whole island of the Great Bear!(except for the medical center in prison)

4) New books and skills:
To all of the above innovations, it would be possible to add books corresponding to them-rock climbing and medicine.

5) Adding new animations!

To make the game more lively, I consider it necessary to add animations to simple actions (something like in Escape From Tarkov):
Making a fire, eating, warming up food, playing bait while fishing, cleaning weapons (rifle and revolver), animation treatment and so on.

Well, that's it for me, thank you for taking your time and reading this post!
With love from Siberia!

cliff.jpg

balancer and rod.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gleb_Golovin said:

Hello people!
My name is Gleb, I'm from Russia, so I want to apologize in advance for mistakes in the text)
I have been playing TLD since 2017 and during this time I have accumulated a couple of ideas that will most likely add more life and probably realism to the game.
I would like to update in-game things like this:
Fishing, Mountaineering, medicine, books with skills and animations.

1) Fishing:
In real life, I have a lot of experience in fishing, namely: 9 years and a year in the fishing sports federation, so I am well aware of this topic.

At the moment, in The Long Dark, we have just the most boring fishing that could have been invented in the game, in fact, the player came, hollowed out a hole in a specially designated place, chose the number of hours of fishing and just wait ...TT
It's boring, Fishing in the TLD itself is not a very popular and useful activity, so it's also tedious, my suggestions:

Developers could add such things as: different types of winter fishing rods, fishing lines or cords that would be more difficult to break, maybe different spoons or balancers, attachments on the hook, and then at this point in time it turns out that the character can catch trout for 3 kilograms just on a bare hook with a fishing line tied somehow from the intestines. It would be possible to make the fish bite vary depending on the weather and time of day.
It's also quite hard for me to believe that there is not a single fishing shop or trailer on the same coastal highway, the same applies to other locations with large bodies of water.

2) Mountaineering:
I'm not as well versed in this topic as I am in fishing, so please correct me, but still I've been climbing in my city for a year.
Mountaineering in TLD is dead, or rather it simply does not exist!
Since we have recently added climbing cats, I believe that it was possible to add other things like:
New lighter cables (not 5 kilograms), carabiners, safety belts (so that you can rest in the middle of the climb) ice axes and whatever else.
It would be possible to add new places where you can attach cables, ice rocks on which the character could climb without a cable but with cats and ice axes, so that he could screw carbines into the ice and attach insurance and much more.
Mountaineering can be made an integral part of the TLD - after all, we already have such cool locations for climbing as: Timberwolf Mountain, Hushed River Valley and Ash canyon.
And again-stores with equipment, well, I can't believe that in such a popular area among climbers there is not a single store or wagon with consumables!

3) Medicine:
In principle, everything is not so bad in the game with her, I would just add a couple of mechanics and new animations and it would be great:
It would be more interesting if it were possible to treat various parts of the body (for example, as in Escape From Tarkov), that is: after a fight with a bear, he bit your right leg badly, there is bleeding and you have to tighten the leg with a tourniquet, and only then wrap bandages and painkillers! It would be possible to add a concussion after which you would have the effect of "nausea” for a while and reduced health.

And again! I don't think there is not a single hospital or even the simplest hospital on the whole island of the Great Bear!(except for the medical center in prison)

4) New books and skills:
To all of the above innovations, it would be possible to add books corresponding to them-rock climbing and medicine.

5) Adding new animations!

To make the game more lively, I consider it necessary to add animations to simple actions (something like in Escape From Tarkov):
Making a fire, eating, warming up food, playing bait while fishing, cleaning weapons (rifle and revolver), animation treatment and so on.

Well, that's it for me, thank you for taking your time and reading this post!
With love from Siberia!

cliff.jpg

balancer and rod.jpg

Thank you for sharing your experience, and for the suggestions!