My Custom Challenge/Run Ideas

dbmurph22

Hi everyone, I'm just going to post my little notecard collection here for anyone who wants to try these out.  These are various challenges, run ideas, settings I've created, but I can only get to so many at once and I don't really binge hours in the game, so they are hard to get to.  I'm definitely going to keep going through the ones I like the most, but just going to post them here too in case they catch anyone's eye.  Some are intriguing, some maybe close to silly and nonsensical, but here they are:

Titans

• Interloper or "True Interloper" settings  - Interloper but with low recovery (both), low plants, and increased predator detection range, smell, etc.
  • Rifle available, but no revolver.
  • No wolves, fish, deer, or rabbits.
  • Max bears and max moose.
  • Ash Canyon and Timberwolf Mountain only (spawn in either).
  • Goal: survive as long as possible.

Harsh Reality

• Interloper or "True Interloper" settings  - Interloper but with low recovery (both), low plants, and increased predator detection range, smell, etc.
  • No rabbits or deer.
  • Mystery Lake is impassable.
  • No firearms, bow only.
  • Have to spawn on eastern side of map (due to Bleak Inlet rope situation).

Things Fall Apart

• Can't ever repair or improve condition of any item.

Sailor Challenge

• Interloper wolves and fish - but not other animal (no bear, moose, rabbit, or deer)
  • Regions restricted to Desolation Point, Coastal Highway, and Bleak Inlet (and adjoining transition areas).

Continued Chasms

• Stalker,  Interloper or "True Interloper" settings  - Interloper but with low recovery (both), low plants, and increased predator detection range, smell, etc.
  • Every 10 days one of the following features becomes impassable (at random, alphabetical, other, or predetermined order: bridges, ice, railway, and road.

Beached

• Stalker, Interloper, Interloper or "True Interloper" settings  - Interloper but with low recovery (both), low plants, and increased predator detection range, smell, etc.
  • Any setting that deals with loot change to Pilgrim level.
  • The only items that can be obtained in the game are from either fishing huts or beachcombing.

Power the Signal

• Goal: deliver four whole car batteries to signal towers - one each to Milton Tower in MT, Shortwave Tower in FM, Signal Hill in PV, and Echo One in BI.

City Slicker Challenge

• Have to reach level 2 in skills/books before you can do associated actions (ie cannot cook until you reach level 2 in cooking, cannot harvest carcasses until you reach level 2).
  • Cannot tie or climb a rope until you reach level 3 of any one skill.

Dead Dwarf Challenge

• Deadman or NOGOA settings except with random start time, random start weather, and medium wind variability.
  • Baseline resource availability set to medium/stalker.
  • Any building/door cannot be opened with the following exceptions: cars, basements, caches/bunkers, trains.
  • All cave locations (load screen, non load screen) are permitted.

Dark Dwarf Challenge

• Any building/door cannot be opened with the following exceptions: cars, basements, caches/bunkers, trains.
  • All cave locations (load screen, non load screen) are permitted.

Mad Max Challenge

• Max level bear and wolf.
  • No plants can be harvested.
  • Shelters that don't have any metal cannot be entered.
  • Rifle and revolver both available, but have to be fixed at Cannery first.

Kings of the Dead World

• Dead world challenge settings (8sHM-/z8P-M0OH-A3Ki-GwII)(hope the code still is okay), except awake recovery is zero also.
  • Moose spawn is changed from none to medium.

--------------

I also had a "Too Far Gone" challenge that involved not harvesting carcasses or searching corpses, but the recent events within the game have taken care of that itself!

This is all open for anyone to try out and even post vids if they want.  Or feel free to just have a good chuckle and move on.  All the best to all survivors here and have a great 2022.

Edited by dbmurph22