A few thoughts

Odinn

Soo.

A map, I was wondering about it quite a while and I have come to the conclusion that for some people it might be a major turn off to have a map because it makes things much easier, however it would be cool if you could add to the setting if you with to enable the map in your game and also the map should be blank at the beginning but as soon as you enter some location with a name it should update your map. So that you will be able to see this location on the map and maybe an option where you as a character could write in a game some comment about it, for example, The Dam - comment - Looted everything, however I need should return there when I find a prybar, need to open one locker. So that you will remember that. Also bodies should be updated on the map as well. That is my idea of a map and as I said it should be made optional.

Shooting birds. I know it would not be worth trying to shoot the birds that fly over the dead bodies but you could add one that would be already down on the body, perhaps trying to eat it. Of course not maybe on every body and they would not re-spawn at the same places but still, they could have like 0.5-1 kg of meat, I'm sure there could be use of feather too...maybe to attach to the trees so you can mark unexplored paths you wish to visit later? Bird should be from time to time on tree branched or cars or roofs, also maybe add one additional bird like an owl, so you can hear it and know that it is somewhere nearby, it should have more meat on it.

How about adding new kind of threat in human for. With time you will find footsteps there aren't yours, marks that someone has been here not long time ago, at one night you will hear that someone is trying to open the door or you will hear him outside walking. With time he might get more bold as he gets to know you. You will see sometime someone hiding behind a tree in the distance or shooting at you and missing by a few cm. And in the end either you will face him, hunt him before he hunts you, or try to lose him. It might be a serial killer, that's why there are so many bodies (now some with stab wounds), or maybe just a crazy hermit.

Making your own bow. It would have to be pretty weak so it would take 2-3 shots in a deer in order to kill it, so you would have to follow the blood. Also to make it you would need simple tool perhaps. Just so it will not be overpowered. Could be a good weapon to kill birds with if you will add them.

Soo.

A map, I was wondering about it quite a while and I have come to the conclusion that for some people it might be a major turn off to have a map because it makes things much easier, however it would be cool if you could add to the setting if you with to enable the map in your game and also the map should be blank at the beginning but as soon as you enter some location with a name it should update your map.

I like that the game doesn't spoonfeed you a map. This rewards repeated visits and making your own map (in your brain, or on paper!). It would be alright I think, if there was an in-game feature that allowed you to manually draw a map and make notes etc. But then you might as well use your own paper on your desk--- then you can save it for your next run.

Thats why I said that the map should be optional, I personally like to play games in the hardest difficulty and so am doing with this one, but on the other hand kicks in my slight OCD which makes me want to get and find everything. To be completely honest I think I do find everything but I wish to get some reassurance. Also it is quite pointless to make a map with pencil because writing down the places gives you nothing really and you might have missed something, therefore missing it always for other games, whilst if you had an in-game updating map you would clearly see a gap where you missed something.

There might be an owl sound, that doesn't mean there is an owl, also if it is I don't think that you can kill and eat it.

There might be an owl sound, that doesn't mean there is an owl, also if it is I don't think that you can kill and eat it.

Actually, there is an owl in the game. I think it was Raph who said so. I haven't seen it, but that's no wonder as I tend to look where I'm going, not up to the trees. But I'm sure you're right about the killing and eating part.

Archived