fts tournaments

The long walk

vague question, so you might wanna elaborate?  

This probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but, it may have something to with online gambling, especially poker.
FTS Tournament may refer to the Final Table Series. An online poker tournament sponsored by Spartan Poker if memory serves.
I believe they are based out of India.  Does that help?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Hi there !

You may be referring to https://greatbeargauntlet.com/tournament-fury-then-silence-2/.

FTS stands for Fury, Then Silence, the name of the last update of the game.

On the website they speak about NOGOA (No One Gets Out Alive) - a custom mode (different from Pilgrim, Voyager, Stalker and Interloper). When you start a new Survival run, you can use customs settings and even copy and past "codes" for those settings.

That's a tournament organized by members of the Long Dark community on different streaming platforms.

Hope this helps, cheers

Edited by KafMax
  • Upvote 3

On 11/16/2021 at 1:43 PM, KafMax said:

Hi there !

You may be referring to https://greatbeargauntlet.com/tournament-fury-then-silence-2/.

FTS stands for Fury, Then Silence, the name of the last update of the game.

On the website they speak about NOGOA (No One Gets Out Alive) - a custom mode (different from Pilgrim, Voyager, Stalker and Interloper). When you start a new Survival run, you can use customs settings and even copy and past "codes" for those settings.

That's a tournament organized by members of the Long Dark community on different streaming platforms.

Hope this helps, cheers

If indeed you're referring to this tournament, it's been organized by ChefMaria. I did some work on the website. I think it answers most of the questions you may have about the tournament, and lists the streamers officially participating. Basically there are three levels of the tourney, being played on Stalker, Interloper, and NOGOA (custom settings). The basic goal is to rack up points by killing animals over a limited time period. Bonus points for being accurate.

If you have any questions reach out to Maria, or feel free to DM me here, or find me on Discord or Twitch.

We are not accepting new official entries (logistically it's a job to manage and track participants and we're well past the deadline to register), but we do have several exhibition players, and you're welcome to join in for fun as well. 

Also the "Fury then Silence" name does reflect the recent TLD release from hinterlands, and is more-or-less a reference to the fact that we're playing in that version of the game. That said it's not officially sponsored, organized, or run by Hinterlands. It's just a bunch of us TLD Twitch streamers getting together and having some fun with the game and the community.

Cheers!

-"Neuromancer" / TheWinquisition

PS: Welcome to The Long Dark! Hope you enjoy the game. Don't freeze!

Edited by Neuromancer
  • Upvote 1