What do people think about new types of building mechanics?

Dirty Harry

So I know people don't like the idea of making the long dark a rustlike game but I'm thinking some well implemented building mechanics could work well in the game. 

Not overly complex mechanics but just a little bit so people can set up shop in more remote areas like forlorn muskeg where their are no buildings that are currently are inhospitable. 

On 5/19/2021 at 9:09 AM, hozz1235 said:

So, you're asking for the ability to construct buildings where none exist?  Sounds like a Wish List idea but that one could be hard to implement.

You always have a cave or temporary snow shelter! :)

I guess, but I'm wondering if a larger snow shelter would be accepted by the community. nothing too big just something to allow players the ability to set up base anywhere.

How the devs choose to implement such would be the key question.  Given the scope of The Long Dark which is about story-driven survival which by necessity covers a limited, a few weeks, time in winter,  the capacity to build a base of any kind would be likely unnecessary in the view of the devs.  They do have to pick and choose what they do.

I would love to be able to craft wind breaks that I could put around a campfire site.  Save me a lot of anxiety about wind direction changes.   I think quite a few players might welcome such though some may not because it would make the game easier. 

• Upvote 1