Game crashes all of a sudden “unity 2019” load??

All of the sudden my game crashes on PC playing a 400 day vanilla interloper character. A little loading box appears out of no where for less than 1 second- it has the long dark hatchet symbol and says “long dark unity 2019” or something (it’s so fast I can’t see it really) and has a progress bar but in a flash the game just crashes and my desktop appears. 
  Happens at seemingly random times about 2-15 minutes into gameplay by it also frequently happens when a save game screen comes up such as when entering a building. Game is Unplayable now. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark
Spelling

3 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

It is good practice to backup your save file, which doesn't help much after the fact. Have you been overclocking? That is usually the number one cause for corruption issues, unless something is going bad. 

Not sure how I would backup my save file and I wouldn’t do it anyway as I am strictly a purist for hardcore permadeath.  I don’t get the convenience of having a backup IRL. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark

In that case, one must start over from scratch😊if you do decide to do a backup, since this is not real life, but a game, your save files are located here, just back up the folder:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Hinterland\TheLongDark

Either way, it is a good idea to run some tests and make sure nothing is causing you problems.

Check hard disks(storage) for errors. Right click on hard drive in my computer, tools tab and select error checking.

Also memory diagnostic tool, which tests ram. Search for "windows memory diagnostic" in start menu.

Another thing to check is windows files for integrity. When on desktop, click windows key+X and select command prompt administrator. Then type SFC /scannow and press enter.

These are all built in tools windows. If any of them give you errors, you'll likely have to start digging deeper with tools available on internet to narrow down what caused(causes) issues.

It'll also likely just some freak error, but if you get persistent problems, better see what's happening.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 6:23 PM, Stinky socks said:

Check hard disks(storage) for errors. Right click on hard drive in my computer, tools tab and select error checking.

Also memory diagnostic tool, which tests ram. Search for "windows memory diagnostic" in start menu.

Another thing to check is windows files for integrity. When on desktop, click windows key+X and select command prompt administrator. Then type SFC /scannow and press enter.

These are all built in tools windows. If any of them give you errors, you'll likely have to start digging deeper with tools available on internet to narrow down what caused(causes) issues.

It'll also likely just some freak error, but if you get persistent problems, better see what's happening.

I think you don’t know what a unity crash is.  None of that will help with this specific situation. 
  If anyone with IT knowledge has any advice if it can be recovered I would love to hear from them.