One-Way Regions

Sammida

Regions with only one entrance and exit: BR, HRV, AC and DP (TWM almost counts). Of all the regions, I find these to be the most useless; especially BR, AC and DP. I'd go to HRV if I am seeking a challenge or if I need some nice meats whilst I am in the area, and TWM if I want to mount the summit. Though, for the other regions, I usually never need to go thither. 

BR, as every one knows, has a forge. This is, personally, left desuetudinous by FM's forge. The only reason that I would need to go to DP is for that forge if I happen to be in CH, though. I would only ever make maybe one late-game trip to AC for the two goods—that is it.

So, I am hoping that all five of these regions get extra purpose in the future, aside from exploration, hunting opportunities, and 'I happened to be in the area so meh why not.' I would like most of these dead-end regions to have an other connection. Maybe two new regions could connect BR to HRV; DP to AC. This would significantly increase the likelihood of me passing through any of these regions. Because, as it stands, I never usually feel the need to visit these regions.

TL;DR: I never feel the need to visit BR, HRV, AC nor DP. Connect them to each other and then they will have a purpose to me.

I can tell you are playing an easy level. Keep in kind there is far more to the game design than just the level you are playing.   In interloper, the sooner you visit HRV the better and depending on my routing, I very often use DP for my forge run instead of FM.  In fact only BI is the unnecessary zone in Interloper- unless they made it so you can repair crampons at the mill. 
  But even in your easy level- why on earth would you NOT visit AC if only to get the crampons and tech pack?  Seriously??? Are you kidding me?

I think when you get some experience playing the game you will quickly change your tune on this.  Until then, think globally, not locally about the design. 

Edited by Schrodingers Box

1 hour ago, Schrodingers Box said:

I can tell you are playing an easy level. Keep in kind there is far more to the game design than just the level you are playing.   In interloper, the sooner you visit HRV the better and depending on my routing, I very often use DP for my forge run instead of FM.  In fact only BI is the unnecessary zone in Interloper- unless they made it so you can repair crampons at the mill. 
  But even in your easy level- why on earth would you NOT visit AC if only to get the crampons and tech pack?  Seriously??? Are you kidding me?

I think when you get some experience playing the game you will quickly change your tune on this.  Until then, think globally, not locally about the design. 

I frequent Stalker. So no, I would not necessarily count myself as new to the game. This post is almost exclusively about the design. I was still hesitant to include AC on the list, but seeing how far it is from other regions, the two goods are the only reason to go there. 

I am not saying that these regions are 100% useless, just less-so for me.

Edited by Sammida

Well stalker is an easy level. So, yeah there is no reason for you to go to a lot of the regions on that level really—not just the one-way ones.  Hell you don’t even need to ever visit a forge or even pick up a cat tail. 
Like you said- they don’t have value for you. But again, think globally, not just your level of play

Edited by Schrodingers Box