Stuck behind tiny stump and snow pile up ash canyon

I GOT UNSTUCK! Thanks to LKP:

On 12/16/2020 at 12:55 PM, LkP said:

spam the crouch key while moving left and right as much as you can
try to understand when you can move up and where you're going back down

step left and right where you feel you have a chance, in different directions

See screen shot below for where I got caught.20210201105431_1.thumb.jpg.a7192532ed3a402c4430d6a1887e4652.jpg

Edited by darkscaryforest

The usual advice would be to quit and reload assuming that you have done nothing to cause a save while in the stuck position.  Until a save occurs while stuck the option to quit and reload which causes loss of game progress since the last save remains a viable option.  Once any action causes a save while stuck, the quit and reload option is then closed and the only option left is basically write the save game off and start again. 

13 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

The usual advice would be to quit and reload assuming that you have done nothing to cause a save while in the stuck position.  Until a save occurs while stuck the option to quit and reload which causes loss of game progress since the last save remains a viable option.  Once any action causes a save while stuck, the quit and reload option is then closed and the only option left is basically write the save game off and start again. 

Yeah so the reason I didn't do that was because of perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever done in the long dark not shown in the video above.

I thought "hey maybe if I place my sleeping bag out of the hole and then sleep 1 hour on it, it'll move me over an inch and I'll be free"

Of course, my character slept, didn't move at all, AND it overwrote the save....so let that be a word of caution to anyone trying that...

In fact, I'd recommend what you said over the wiggling technique quoted above because if you get yourself a sprain moving around on uneven terrain, then it could overwrite your save in that case too.

Edited by darkscaryforest