Workbench Paintings--New Veg and Tea

philthechamp

I mentioned this briefly in the seasoned backpacking thread but now I'm curious. Does anyone else make artwork on the workbenches with the prepared vegetables? It works surprisingly well because prepared bunches are able to overlap with one another when you move them. I usually make a landscape inspired by the game when I'm forced to kill time. I wish I had pictures to link but I've been taking a sort of mandala approach to it...its very rewarding bc otherwise I just end up dropping the excess veg in a pile.

Anyway, my suggestion is to add more harvestable veg to the game which add to the color pallet (yes I know, an incredibly specific, purely cosmetic, request, but thats what this forum is about lol). I also feel like deeper (not bright) colors would help new veg feel distinct without crowding the UI. Pine nibs (young budding needles) and pine tea would function pretty well starting as another sapling. The green nibs would look good in the landscape and make sense to appear on a young tree. The tinted green tea would look good as well. I believe pine oil is an appetite suppressant too which is very interesting. The game is already filled in with mushrooms where there are stumps so I think I take back thinking they would be a practical addition (poison mushrooms fr sound cool though). Saplings can just be more easily added as a stand alone bc they don't need to compete with the other saplings which have entirely different functions. Other things they could include are juniper berries or chokeberries which have that dark violet color and are available year round. I don't think they really need much else. I just hope that color is considered for future veg. A green/violet/orange prepared look would be great for the workbench paintings and could become a rare find in the wilderness. I know its specific but I also wanted to post this as a stand alone thread to see how everyone makes artwork in game in general. Maybe I'll ask it on reddit too (sorry for redundancy)
Edited by philthechamp
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, theisaactrain said:

I like the idea of adding more colors, and more vegetation to the landscape. But when it comes to the painting, i'm not really understanding. Do you think you could explain more? Sounds interesting.

Literally just dropping the prepared herbs and placing them on the workbench. Reishi make good mountains, birch bark looks like water, rose hips, the sun. If you take a few of one kind an overlap them you can create a few different shapes/textures. I also add arrowheads which look like birds from far away and feathers which look like trees. Its sort of clunky but does motivate me to bring things back to base. I used to just put tools neatly in rows on workbenches and that felt kind of lifeless after a while. 

Edited by philthechamp
  • Like 1

It’s an interesting idea and a means to an end for me.  I don’t give a crap about art but I’m glad you do.  More flora in game would be something I’d like to see so I’m for this suggestion.  I would also like to see how you make a picture by dropping items.  I would have never thought of that.

9 hours ago, theisaactrain said:

That's actually pretty cool, do you think you could screenshot one of them?

Took a minute but here you go. Its obviously not Van Gogh but its what I was taking about 

https://imgur.com/a/vOEKfJF (also meant to say mystery lake camp office not cabin)

Edited by philthechamp
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1