Wildlife dying / surviving attacks

joki

Following this post it seems that enemy bleeding never stops. So you can kill bears with just 1 bullet, giving them enough time to bleed out. I suggest either having wildlife stop bleeding after x amount of time, depending on where you hit them or something similiar to this.

Why do you mind killing bears with only one bullet? Imho it's realistic that they die some time after a shot in the stomach. ;)

It's quite likely to hit their big bear belly... however, they would probably not die within hours but rather days. ^^

(Really an ugly way to die, not sure if hinterlands should focus on perfect realism regarding this matter - might lead to militant animal rights activists complaining about animal cruelty and spreading bad publicity. Some of these people are REALLY strange and don't make any difference between video games and real life.)

Anyway, I would agree with you that - if the game was meant to be totally realistic - the part of the bear's body your bullet hits should influence the total amount of bullets you will need to kill it. (For example, Headshots are usually lethal while hitting a leg needn't be. ;))

Why do you mind killing bears with only one bullet? Imho it's realistic that they die some time after a shot in the stomach. ;)

It's quite likely to hit their big bear belly... however, they would probably not die within hours but rather days. ^^

(Really an ugly way to die, not sure if hinterlands should focus on perfect realism regarding this matter - might lead to militant animal rights activists complaining about animal cruelty and spreading bad publicity. Some of these people are REALLY strange and don't make any difference between video games and real life.)

Anyway, I would agree with you that - if the game was meant to be totally realistic - the part of the bear's body your bullet hits should influence the total amount of bullets you will need to kill it. (For example, Headshots are usually lethal while hitting a leg needn't be. ;))

Oh stop, shooting a virtual bear even with "realistic AI" which is nothing close to what we have for the animals here is in no way a promotion of or likening to actual hunting and harvesting of a living animal. To make inferences or excuses is to just feed that asinine monkey.

Why the hell do you consider it "not realistic" to kill a bear with one bullet?

If've never EVER heard or read about any kind of bear or other mammal that could simply brush aside a headshot. Please stop talking nonsense, there's no single mammal on this planet that wouldn't die (or at least go comatose) if you smash its brain with a bullet.

Same story with abdominal shots. If you hit spleen, liver or major blood vessels, the animal will bleed out within minutes to hours. Even if you "only" hit stomach/intestine/kidney/bladder/whatever organ you like, the shot is still lethal (it just takes days to kill the animal instead of hours). If not treated with antibiotics, a hole in the peritoneum always leads to massive inflamation and sepsis which is lethal in the vast majority of cases. Period.

Unless any of you is a vet and has made different experiences about animals not needing their brains or belly shots healing up easily without antibiotics (in which case I want to encourage you to write some nice research paper about it), please be so kind to stop saying "one bullet to kill a bear is not realistic". Thank you.

You should really try to follow your own advice about reading a post before making unsustainable assumptions.

I've tried to explain my opinion about the issue in very much detail, as I hoped some "scientific background knowledge" might help to understand why the current game design is everything but "unrealistic" and should stay exactly as it is. Can't do anything about people ignoring explanations, though.

I'm not going to respond to you any further, as you're obviously nothing but the biggest troll in the whole wide taiga and I have better things to do than feeding you my precious bear steaks. :)

Plenty of bears, even black bears, have survived or even seemed to shrug off bullet hits. A bear might die eventually, but it could take a season. They're amazingly tough animals. Old Ephriam was famously full of lead when they finally brought him down.

But sometimes you get him in the right spot and he goes right down.

And sometimes you get him but he's got enough sand to get you, too

UP9220.jpg

Archived