Building

EndCrawler

Add the opportunity to the game with a heavy hammer and wood or scap metal, to create Metal/wooden containers and racks, boxes, shelves for guns, chairs, tables, etc. My gameplay is to bring all things into one house (And most likely a lot of people have this gameplay), but if there are no containers in it or there are critically few of them, the whole floor is clogged with intestines, meat, bottles, and other junk. If you add the ability to build, this will make the game much more comfortable and give a lot of ideas for screenshots.

Addition: I would like game mechanics to use a moose-hide satchel as a container when you lay it on the ground

My typical furnishings.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EndCrawler said:

Addition: I would like game mechanics to use a moose-hide satchel as a container when you lay it on the ground

That got addressed in a mailbag a while back. Basically, the inventory is not treated like a container, and making it that way would be a massive pile of work requiring huge amounts of regression testing to ensure that it didn't break other parts of the game, so the moose bag is used as a modifier to the total capacity of the player.

I bet that you'll see something like this in TLD II.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng

Technically the way containers work in TLD you would need those container to exist beforehand - albeit "hidden". That would put a hard limit on where and how many container you could have. There surely are more elegant solutions to this, but changing it now would mean refactoring a lot of code and would mean quite the undertaking. Like @stratvoxsaid.... probably something better suited for TLD II .... if that ever gets made.