New survival quotes

manolitode

Now that we've contemplated them for quite some time I suggest that Hinterland broaden the variety of white on black quotes that welcome you to another deadly interloper encounter. Here are some suggestions, feel free to add to the list.

Nature is not cruel, only pitilessly indifferent. This is one of the hardest lessons for humans to learn. We cannot admit that things might be neither good nor evil, neither cruel nor kind, but simply callous-indifferent to all suffering, lacking all purpose.
- Richard Dawkins

A challenge in which a succesful outcome is assured isn't a challenge at all.
- Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

The inner master when confronted with an obstacle, uses it as a fuel, like a fire which consumes things that are thrown into it. A small lamp would be snuffed out , but a big fire will engulf what is thrown at it and burn hotter, it consumes the obstacle and uses it to reach a higher level. 
- Marcus Aurelius (if two stoics is fine)

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...
On 2/25/2020 at 2:46 PM, manolitode said:

Now that we've contemplated them for quite some time I suggest that Hinterland broaden the variety of white on black quotes that welcome you to another deadly interloper encounter. Here are some suggestions, feel free to add to the list.

Nature is not cruel, only pitilessly indifferent. This is one of the hardest lessons for humans to learn. We cannot admit that things might be neither good nor evil, neither cruel nor kind, but simply callous-indifferent to all suffering, lacking all purpose.
- Richard Dawkins

A challenge in which a succesful outcome is assured isn't a challenge at all.
- Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

The inner master when confronted with an obstacle, uses it as a fuel, like a fire which consumes things that are thrown into it. A small lamp would be snuffed out , but a big fire will engulf what is thrown at it and burn hotter, it consumes the obstacle and uses it to reach a higher level. sarcastic quotes about deadbeat dads
- Marcus Aurelius (if two stoics is fine)

"The man who sits still the most is picked by a lazy sniper to be shot first, smart snipers wait for the man who moves the most to stop moving"- Grump "Shoot around the side of hills, not directly over the top" British Individual Fieldcraft training film "There is no such thing as self defense, it is attack or counter attack all the time"- WW2 British Defendu training film "Every tactic I come up with, I also come up with a way to counter it." - Grump "To mimic the enemies tactics is desperation, experimentation and learning."- Grump "One man per piece of cover" -

Edited by nifica
  • Upvote 2