Gucci Birchman Safari

Loonsloon

I'm embarking on a Gucci Birchman Safari in The Long Dark v1.671.69 "Errant Pilgrim".  This custom survival mode run has the Stalker loot table (Gucci), has condition recovery off but Birch Bark Tea is active (Birchman) and I'm on a vengeance hunt (Safari) to skin the Timberwolves that took me out in my first visit to Bleak Inlet. And, I'll start in Bleak Inlet for the novelty and excitement of it.  Hopefully this provides a bit of a 'break' from my previous nail-bitters, and with a little luck I'll be beachcoming with a warm cup of herbal tea and and a Timberwolf coat in no time...

The custom code is:  8tnM-bj8P-Lx+z-gaF2-+OIB

Edited by Loonsloon
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2020 at 11:54 AM, TehFlashBang said:

Dang man, those starts. Seems like a fun mode though, like it would be a real challenge. I might try it with loper loot with random location just to try and work towards deadman. Good luck though, man!

I found Birchman to be very well balanced overall - with BBT and the abundant stims, it’s very doable. I’ve played a bit of pure deadman and find it a bit too micromanagey. I like it in Birchman that you have to work for your condition recovery and you don’t just get it for turtling. I think I’ll play Birchman from now on - I like it better than sleepwalker even because it forces you to eat and be careful, but you can stockpile bbt so you can get 50% back in a pinch if you have to. On sleepwalker 50% recovery takes weeks which is tedious. 

• 2 months later...

After a virtual eternity eating venison steaks on Grey Mother's porch, the Birchman felt the call of the Safari once again and sets out on a hunting trip to the Hushed River Valley:

Edited by Loonsloon
  • Upvote 1