Make challenge deadlines more obvious

Deseoso

This is a wish that is really only for the benefit of first time challenge players. Today I tried my first challenge. I went for Hopeless Rescue. From the menu when you pick challenge, there is nothing to tell you that you have to complete the challenge in 7 days. Once you pick Hopeless Rescue you are directed to a page with a more detailed description of the challenge but again, nowhere does it tell you that you only have 7 days. Then you get into the game and nothing comes up to tell you you have a limited time.

Because of this I wasted 4 hours travelling around the maps gathering equipment, not particularly hurrying as I did not realize that time was limited until the game suddenly told me I failed the challenge without telling me why.

Someone on here told me that the challenge had a time limit and I had to go back into a new challenge and search around to discover that it is only on the objectives page where you see your time limit.

This was not obvious to me because the objective of the challenge is so clearly laid out in the description page after you pick the challenge that I had no need to check the objectives page.

Now I know to check but I was so angry at having wasted 4 hours that I would suggest to the developers to put the time limit on the descriptions page to prevent other new players from having to experience the frustration that comes from wasting hours when one extra line on the descriptions page could have solved the whole thing.

@Deseoso
I felt that all the information was always very clearly available to the player.  If memory serves, for that challenge there is a running countdown telling the player how much time is left...  I mean, every time we check the HUD "status information" (pressing tab or the console equivalent) or accessing the radial menu (pressing space or console equivalent), the countdown was/is clearly visible. 

To me, this all just comes down to the idea that the onus is on the player to pay attention to the world around them, as well as to the information the game is giving them. 

Edited by ManicManiac
Edited for clarity...
  • Upvote 1

Well, don't I feel the fool. I somehow managed to play the game yesterday without ever noticing the countdown timer when I pressed TAB. It is especially odd as I used TAB a lot to check the time of day before heading out. Okay scrap my entire suggestion. Putting the time limit on the Descriptions page would only be for the benefit of Aspi's like me who are not observant enough to notice the countdown that the devs put right on the HUD.