Wounded animal speed extremely high when not in players line of sight

Guest Marcurios

Guest Marcurios

If you wound a animal and follow it till it starts limpling, then turn your back towards the animal and turn back, it has progressed much further then humanly possible at the speed it is walking when you have him in your line of sight.
I noticed this behaviour a few weeks back when i started playing the game, but didn't realize that this was the case, i just lost my prey time and time again because i picked up sticks while stalking my prey till it fell dead after i wounded it (wolf in this case).
Then i noticed it was completely gone in the blink of an eye on a open field, when i started tracking the bloodtrail the wolf which walked at a sanils pace had travelled like 2 miles in the time i picked up 3 sticks.
imo this is a bug and should be adressed, cause it breaks immersion when hunting.

I also noticed that when a wolf has become slow and limping, that if you try to catch it and walk right on top of him he attacks again and suddenly gets revitalized completely like it was never wounded, also if it's almost dead and you shoot it again it gets also revitalized like it has been wounded for the first time.
i really don't like that behaviour, i hope this is going to be adressed in a upcoming patch.

Like the bleedout mechanism is reset to when it first got hit, and it starts allover again from the beginning.

EDIT: oh sorry, i thought technical also ment technical discussion about the mechanis of the game, my bad..

Edited by Marcurios

Guest Marcurios

yep, that's definitely a problem for me, i hunt these animals to get my arrows back, i now play in Stalker mode and will soon be playing Interloper, but then it gets to be a serious gamebreaker for me, cause i lost quite a few arrows this way..

Guest Marcurios

also noticed more is going on when you turn your back for longer then 4 seconds.
like birch bark and sticks spawning behind your back, probably a script that handles stuff out of players LOS, to simulate a dynamic environment.
seems like wounded wildlife that has become slow still has normal speed when out of the player's camera's LOS.
easy to fix with a conditional statement.