Small tip for fresh newly players in Coastal Highway

Denyo

I"m not that experienced player also,but still can give tips,which I had noticed or experienced.This one is for those players,who are not used in fighting with wolves yet and try to avoid them as much as possible.If you are settled in Coastal Highway map and you have your base at Jackrabbits Island...do not place snares there.Or at least not on the hill and near the Jackrabbits house.I know,it is quite a temptation,coz you can place snares infront of your house and just open the door and collect rabbits. :) But,those dead rabbits are open invitation to wolves. :)

Before I started to use snares,there was not a single wolf climbing to the hill in my entire 30 days of staying at Jackrabbit"s.As soon I started to place snares,there is constantly at least one wolf on the hill,going after rabbits,and of cours,after me.:-) For me that is ok,coz I get free meat without need to travel far.But,if I go on any mission looting houses arround,on my return those wolves like to ambush me and appear suddenly arround the corner,when I try to enter the door.

So,if you try avoid wolves comming on the hill regularly,then rather place snares bottom,near lake or on far place of island,with clear wiew of sorroundings,so wolf cannot surprise you,when you harvest rabbits.

Also there is one important tip.When you"re indoors and when you go to sleep for longer than 2 hrs,make sure to take your cloths off,coz that way you can perserve them for lasting longer.When I go to sleep,I wear only sweater(mostly heavy one),long underwear,socks and a hat.I dunno,if most of you know that,but when we are sleeping and we are cowered,most of our body heat is cooling down trough our head,as we have it exposed.So,if you wear socks,underwear and hat,you should be good.Temperature keeps about between 0-2°C.

I also tested keeping my cloths in my backpack,whille I was sleeping,and just throwing them on the floor.Well,one week,when I kept wolf coat and rabbit"s mittens in my backpack,their decay was for 5-6%.The week,I was just throwing them on the floor,their decay was only 1%,if there was any decay.I always go out in nice weather condition and I had luck those two weeks I didn"t run into any of changing weather condition,neither I had wolves attacking me,so difference was easy to notice.

Also,when you"re sleeping in a trailer or cottage,make sure you choose bed with a cower on it.Sleeping in beds without cower(blanket) makes you wake up not well rested and recowered,especially if outside is cold and bad weather.I read also,that some beds in CH map have ability to heal more.

Funny I actually experience it the other way around (in stalker). When I freshly move to the island I usually am without snares and get greated almost daily by a wolf, I figured because it was chasing after a rabbit. But when I begin to set traps on the hill, after 6-8 dead rabbits there are no wolfs on the hill for weeks.

Guess traps don't have any influence at all, it's just superstition and that works either way ;)

Funny I actually experience it the other way around (in stalker). When I freshly move to the island I usually am without snares and get greated almost daily by a wolf, I figured because it was chasing after a rabbit. But when I begin to set traps on the hill, after 6-8 dead rabbits there are no wolfs on the hill for weeks.

Guess traps don't have any influence at all, it's just superstition and that works either way ;)

I play Voyageur mode,so maybe that makes difference.I dunno.But,the fact is,that in my previous game,when I was on Jackrabbit"s Island for 18 days,there was none of wolves up the hill either.Not a single day and I happen to come several times in blizard home,once even in a dark.In that game I didn"t place any snare,coz I didn"t have them yet and was killed before I could settle myself there to start using snares.And in this game,I play it atm,also I didn"t have any visit of wolf untill the first day I started to place snares.

Anyway,if same thing won"t happen to me in next game I will play,then I will start believing this was only a coincidence. :)

• 2 weeks later...
There are two bases in Coastal H. that we have yet to spot a wolf. 100percent wolf-free. Jackrabbit Island and the house up the hill past Coastal Townsite. xxxx amount of days lived on both bases, Stalker Mode, guaranteed or its my a** :lol:

Filipino:

May dalawang lugar na wala talagang lobo kang makikita garantisado. sa Jackrabbit Island at bahay sa taas ng bundok pagkalagpas ng Coastal Townsite. ilang araw akong nanirahan dun tataya ko ang ano ko :lol:

Sleep outside in a bag and you'll find out it is not Wolf free.

Archived