#472 wolves stop eating if player spends some time inside

elloco999

I didn't find this bug myself, but I did verify it. Here's the original post.

When a wolf kills a deer and you go inside, spend a little time and go outside again, the wolf is gone and the deer carcass still has a lot of meat (+5kg) on it. This doesn't happen if you stay outside, go inside and come back out quickly or spend a lot of time inside. In all these cases the deer carcass will have no more meat (or in some rare cases very little meat, like .5 - 1.5kg)

I've noticed the same issue when scrounging off them. I wonder if there's actually a ticker counting off kilos of venison as the eating animation is shown. By suddenly going inside you short-circuit this process, and if you come back out a while later the wolf has been despawned. If that's the case I'm not sure how they could fix it other than having a purely random amount of flesh eaten by the wolf. And that would create all kinds of weird situations when you go for a twofer and shoot the wolf off a deer he just killed. They could end the advantage of shooting wolves off deer, or alternatively stabbing them off, but I'm not sure I'd like that. It seems more like a slightly illegal hunting technique than a game exploit :lol:

The part where the wolf leaves after going inside, could have something to do with, when a wolf is stalking you and you go inside, if you spend some time inside, the wolf will go about its business again . . . . BUT, the carcass with meat left on it, is another issue altogether . . .

Archived