Hi from Japan (and US)!

wildline

I've been lurking these forums ever since I bought the game a few months ago, and I definitely love the community here! So I s'pose I should introduce myself before I jump into all the action.

My name is Sara and I live in Japan, though I'm originally from Texas (I guess, I travel a lot but that's where my immediate family permanently lives). I used to work as a wilderness ranger for the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming, and I plan on spending my retirement volunteering for the Forest Service. Right now I make a living by freelance ghostwriting for various blogs and small corporate websites.

The Long Dark has gotten me back into gaming. Seeing the days stack up, anticipating a wolf attack, wondering where the next meal is coming from....it's immersive, addictive, and captivating. An all around amazing, well-made game. The only reason why I can wait for the story mode is the fact that I'm having so much fun playing the sandbox mode!

Glad to be here!

Welcome to the forum - and yes The Long Dark has gotten me back into gaming after a long game drought too... and best yet, there's still so much great new stuff to come not far ahead in the game :)

Don't even get me started on how amazing all the updates have been so far! It's crazy to me that changes happen so fast with TLD...just an indicator of how brilliant a team Hinterland's got. To have a huge update chock-full of new features (the December one specifically), and then hotfixes within 24 and 36 hours (while also hiding little features that weren't even bug fixes in the bug fixes update?!)?! Too cool for words.

Archived