Hello from South Vancouver Island!

ScottRJones23

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself! Haven't been playing for very long, just the past few nights. Long nights, though, hours and hours that passed like minutes. I have never played a game as engaging as The Long Dark. Hinterland has done a tremendous job here and I cannot wait for Story Mode to arrive, because honestly, if the sandbox is this immersive in alpha? If I'm already building narratives during gameplay? This means, to me, that Hinterland will be putting just as much care and craft into the story of The Long Dark, and that's pretty goddamn exciting. In the meantime, racking up hours on the Coastal Highway and dying on the daily, for educational purposes, of course. Gonna check out Mystery Lake tonight!

Nice to meet everyone! Looking forward to the experience!

Thanks Bill! I'm in Victoria. One thing I'm digging about the game so far is how much it reminds me of winters in the Clayoquot. Logging roads and log dumps around Gold River, Tahsis. This is my country! Which I can't survive in for longer than 4 days and change, apparently!

Bill, do you know if Hinterland will be at Gottacon in #yyj this year? I'd love to meet the people building this!

Archived