2 things that would greatly improve my experience!

Bheda

So far, this game is blowing my mind with how incredibly good it is! I stopped getting my hopes up for indie alpha games a long time ago when they became a dime a dozen. The Long Dark, however, oh my sweet Jesus! It's delicious!

Anyway; I have 2 ideas I think would enhance the gameplay a lot more, at least, in my experiences in playing it!

1. The ability to hold items from your inventory such as you do with the Lantern, and place it down such as you do with the Lantern. I would love to be able to place my unused clothes on shelves, or my Jerry Cans next to the door, and my firewook stacked outside next to the house I decided to make base in. I know you can drop stuff from your inventory now, but it goes to your feet. The ability to place things where you want them would be great! Think Trappers Cabin. The knife jabbed in the bench; the gun put away in the gun rack; the Jerry Can on the top shelf by the door; small misc. items strewn about the shelves. It would be so wonderful to be able to manipulate items in your environment in a way that lets you interact so much more with your surroundings. I feel it would do wonders for immersion!

2. A way to be able to cook in buildings that don't have a stove or a fireplace. I was thinking maybe making some of the metal pots you find on the Oven in some houses a new item to grab and allow the player to use Kerosene or another form of liquid fuel to light a controlled fire to cook from. I get not being able to light a camp fire on a wooden floor, but having a way to cook food in a building that has no stove would allow the players to branch out and set up camp in buildings they would otherwise loot past until they find one of the mainstream buildings.

These are just a few thoughts I had while thoroughly enjoying this game to the extreme! Keep up the amazing work, guys!

The ability to place objects has been requested for some time, give them a little while, they're busy, as they call it, stomping bugs. As for cooking inside buildings, refer to my post about camping stoves: http://www.hinterlandforums.com/viewtop ... =59&t=1963

Ahh, nice to see more members of the community wishing for the same things! The more people who want it, the more likely it is they will add it! Thanks for the reply!

• 3 weeks later...
1. The ability to hold items from your inventory such as you do with the Lantern, and place it down such as you do with the Lantern. I would love to be able to place my unused clothes on shelves, or my Jerry Cans next to the door, and my firewook stacked outside next to the house I decided to make base in. I know you can drop stuff from your inventory now, but it goes to your feet. The ability to place things where you want them would be great! Think Trappers Cabin. The knife jabbed in the bench; the gun put away in the gun rack; the Jerry Can on the top shelf by the door; small misc. items strewn about the shelves. It would be so wonderful to be able to manipulate items in your environment in a way that lets you interact so much more with your surroundings. I feel it would do wonders for immersion!

I would love to see this feature added as well. I found myself holing up in the mystery lake park office, due to it having stoves as well as a work bench, and having to just dump excess stuff on the floor. Considering there is a plethora of shelves right there, it would be nice to place the items neatly so you could grab the items you wanted rather than having to pick up several items to see the one you want underneath everything else. I think it would be great if when you opened containers, it showed you an inventory so you could store things in them instead of only being able to take from them.

1. I think it would be great if when you opened containers, it showed you an inventory so you could store things in them instead of only being able to take from them.

Once a container is emptied, you can reopen it and store items in it/ I.E. refrigerators, plastic containers, safes, drawers, etc.

Archived