Re-use gunrack

electrix

Most of the times I've played I have found the hunting rifle on the wall hanging on a gunrack. But as soon as you pick the rifle up it can't be re-used for the huntingrifle and thus taking alot of space in boxes (if there are boxes available). I just think it would be a nice touch if you could (if wanted or needed) place the hunting rifle back on the gunrack.

It's not a problem as most of the times the gunrack can be stored in metalboxes (half the size of the hunting rifle). I just think that it would add to the realism of the game. :)

I find it amusing that a 1.1 metre rifle can fit in a 30cm x 30cm container (the metal containers). Fix that, then come back to me about realism.

That was my point (and why I mentioned it). You can fit a rifle in a somewhat small metal container, but not on the original gunrack it came from. :)

Sorry. Tired and did not read properly. You know what would be nice? If you had the option of upgrading the rifle.

So you could either attach a hunting suppressor, which could be used so that you do not startle deer when firing (and maybe using the suppressor counts towards the silent hunter perk ) but to balance this, accuracy decreases, and the suppressor wears out a 2x the wear on the rifle.

For more long distance hunters, you could have the much requested scope, a basic 6x hunting scope, styled with a dragunov reticle (I find mil-dot or solid crosshairs get in the way, so I prefer the arrows of the dragunov reticle), perhaps this upgrade would give the player the option to hold your breath, and a new achievment would be added "Marksman" for killing more than 20 animals over 100 metres. "Crack-shot" achievement would be given for getting 10 kills at 80 metres without a scope.

Sorry. Tired and did not read properly. You know what would be nice? If you had the option of upgrading the rifle.

So you could either attach a hunting suppressor, which could be used so that you do not startle deer when firing (and maybe using the suppressor counts towards the silent hunter perk ) but to balance this, accuracy decreases, and the suppressor wears out a 2x the wear on the rifle.

For more long distance hunters, you could have the much requested scope, a basic 6x hunting scope, styled with a dragunov reticle (I find mil-dot or solid crosshairs get in the way, so I prefer the arrows of the dragunov reticle), perhaps this upgrade would give the player the option to hold your breath, and a new achievment would be added "Marksman" for killing more than 20 animals over 100 metres. "Crack-shot" achievement would be given for getting 10 kills at 80 metres without a scope.

Well, first I have to say that it WOULD be cool if it were available but I instead wonder "Why does someone have a suppressor in this 'land that god forgotten' ?". Think of this as lumberjack-country where there is only basic survival stuff. At least that's how I see it.

A scope on the other hand is way more "standard" when it comes to hunting rifles and that is used for hunting. An addon to the rifle in the form of a scope would be really god. Maybe only ONE rifle in the entire game has a scope for instance. It doesn't have to be "Night-vision ultra deluxe" but a standard scope for hunting from a small, but longer than today, distance. Good idea! :)

If I round everything together when it comes to available loot, I think the rifle's primary use before the "apocalypse" was for the wolf-problem. Hunting occured (as there are some stoves, fridges and freezers with meat in them) but I don't think it was the primary reason for having a rifle. *sipping on my scotch*

Suppressors are used in hunting, they aren't used just for covert firearm operations, hunters like to use them because they do not spook their target at longer ranges.

As for the scope, I wasn't expecting a night vision ultra deluxe, I just thought of a simple 6x scope. Preferably with this reticle:

2005-02-22_111700_dragunov_reticle_2.gif

Suppressors are used in hunting, they aren't used just for covert firearm operations, hunters like to use them because they do not spook their target at longer ranges.

As for the scope, I wasn't expecting a night vision ultra deluxe, I just thought of a simple 6x scope. Preferably with this reticle:

2005-02-22_111700_dragunov_reticle_2.gif

I know that suppressors are used in hunting, I just mean that if you look at the whole picture when it comes to hunting with a rifle the majority does not use a suppressor. I did say that it would be cool, just that I don't think that it would be a thing that would exist in this kind of a place in the world.

Yeah that scope would be great, even a 2x or 3x would be nice too.

I suppose you are right, sorry, I'm a tad stupid this evening, sleep deprivation.

Weapons are not centric to this game, I am aware, but I feel that some of the firearm mechanics have been neglected.

Just going on a bit here, this may be my experiences of COD bleeding through, but I'd like the ability to go prone, as well.

Archived