Bullet spawn locations?

farmer

Are bullets in a randomly generated loot pool for each container that you open or do they specific spawn locations? And if they do have particular spawn locations anyone feel like sharing. I've checked all the places I've seen them before and I can't seem to locate any bullets. thanks

farmer

Yeah, made it to day 22 without a bullet in sight. Took to the tactic of scaring wolfs off deer to harvest whatever was left but that only lasted so long. Searched high and low and never found a single bullet and spent more time than I normally would traveling everywhere.

farmer

There is usually a box on the Derailment slope(with the bodies) and I´ve gotten bullets from safes or just laying in Trappers homestead.I´d say you need to find the Bunker and check that too.I usually have terrible luck finding hatchets(did not see a single one in my first 3 playthroughs), but then found 2 of them in my first time visiting the Bunker.

I once even found a rifle in Derailment.It was in the traincar there(right side as you enter mind you), and no dead body just a metal container.

There are several locations where a single bullet can spawn and several more where a box of bullets can spawn. I don't know any single bullet locations but here's the boxes I know of:

1. Mystery Lake - Trappers homestead to the right of the safe.

2. Mystery Lake - At the derailment on the slope where there's also usually a deer carcass.

3. Coastal Highway - At every (I think) tall closet with the double doors, on the shelve under the doors on the right corner (hard to spot in most houses if you don't use a light).

Aside from the spawn locations, single bullets can also be found in many containers but the chance of finding one is very small.

I do feel like the amount of bullets you can find has been toned down. It used to be 20-30 bullets on just the Mystery Lake map, now it's 20 max on both maps combined. Of course you do have more ways of getting food now.

On my last long run I managed 144 days without firing a single of my 12 bullets. This was before the v.163 update, so without the ice fishing. So not finding a lot of bullets isn't much of a problem I think, but finding 4 rifles and hardly any bullets is very annoying...

But now the wolves are that much harder, I think there should also be more bullets again. That will at least give us a bit of a chance.

Ammo can spawn just about anywhere as single bullets. I once went through a fishing hut and found a bullet in both drawers and the cabinet. I don't think there is any permanent locations, but I usually see a box at Trappers, sometimes at Derailment, and if I'm lucky I might find a box in Lookout. The safes at Trappers and the Dam both have a chance to spawn boxes and/or bullets, from my experience.

I think the rifle spawn is just perfect....not always in the same place, sometimes only one. But the ammo spawn needs to be ramped up just a bit for any long-term games. At most I've found about 20 rounds. This latest play-through I've found 5.

Archived