Disappearing meds

elloco999

I picked up some antibiotics somewhere and when I got back to my base they where not in my inventory. The same thing happened later with some painkillers I found and again with some painkillers found in the Lone Cabin. The last time I checked my inventory right after picking them up.

All of these meds were found laying around, not in a container. Later I picked up some painkillers from a medical kit and they were added to my inventory.

Guest Alan Lawrance

When this occurs, do you have an existing bottle of antibiotics or painkillers in your inventory? They should be stacking now, so you won't get a new item (but the # pills should increase).

Re: Food Poisoning... it won't kill you without antibiotics, but it will take your condition to a low value. Be careful and wait for it to pass, and you should make it without the meds.

Hi Alan,

Yes I always have 2 antibiotics and 4 painkillers in my inventory. But I've checked the numbers every time and they don't increase. The few times the meds are added to the inventory, they didn't stack with the ones there already. I always assumed that's because they have different conditions.

I started this game in v.166 btw, so it's not some old version related thing.

Bandages and antiseptics have so far always been added to the inventory, it's just the antibiotics and painkillers that have the issue.

Maybe the problem is with the stacking. If you pick up some meds of the same condition as the ones in the inventory they don't stack as they should and if they are of a different condition they are added as a separate item.

Guest Alan Lawrance

Just to confirm -- is your playthrough with v.166 from a v.164 or earlier savegame? In v.166 all antibiotics and painkillers should be spawning at 100% condition (and not degrading), so they should be stacking. However if you had a previous save (that allowed those meds to start at random condition), then they won't stack unless condition matches.

I will try to repro this issue.

I was sure I started this run yesterday, so after the v.166 update. But now you say the meds should all have 100% condition, I'm not so sure anymore... I quickly checked and the antibiotics I'm carrying are 74% and the painkillers are 77%. So I probably did start in v.164 after all...

When this occurs, do you have an existing bottle of antibiotics or painkillers in your inventory? They should be stacking now, so you won't get a new item (but the # pills should increase).

Re: Food Poisoning... it won't kill you without antibiotics, but it will take your condition to a low value. Be careful and wait for it to pass, and you should make it without the meds.

It does happen when I have existing ones in my inventory yes, but the amount doesn't increase. I always carry 2 on me in case I get ill while scavenging. I'll try and get a video of it shortly to post.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure I started this playthrough on v166, died to fluffy like 10 mins before update, but my antibiotics are at 73% so I'm not 100% certain.

Ok sorry for double post. Just wanna be sure it's noticed, here is a link to a 3 minute vid. At the beginning I show the antibiotics in my inventory, then you can see once I find more they don't add.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg6awDa ... e=youtu.be

Edit: I decided for the hell of it to go search without having any antibiotics on me. When doing so, they added to my inventory, so it's probably a bug related to the lower % ones that possibly got carried over from previous version.

I noticed a bug regarding this new v166. And annoying one, because the vital thing is affected. I am very happy when I find antibiotics; quite rare and vital find; but after you pick them up, they are nowhere to be found in the inventory. Because- they turn and stack to accelerants. I picked two 6 pill bottles and suddenly instead of 12 antibiotics and 3 accelerants, I had 0 antibiotics and 15 accelerants. Same thing happens also with painkillers, the only difference is that the painkillers are being stacked onto tinder... :oops: :roll:

Everything else is just excellent with this update.

One more thing/ in case of food poisoning, why are the two tablets required? Can it be just one?

Cheers

EDIT: That was obviously a problem with old game version save file. With new character, everything works like charm. Meds are stacking beautifully and I also noticed that there are now some bottles with 12 pills. Please disregard my previous post, everything is fine. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Guest Alan Lawrance

The bug that is causing the meds to sometimes be added to other stacks has been fixed, and will be in the next update (which will be posted ASAP on Monday).

Archived