not gaining progression towards feats

Rajule

So I've been trying my hand at interloper for a while now. when I started the only feat I had unlocked was freerunner so thats the only one I've been using on my runs. after months of playing I'm just now noticing that I haven't unlocked or even progressed towards any of my other feats.

I am not playing custom. this is definitely interloper difficulty. At first I thought that maybe using a feat prevents you from progressing with other feats, but just did some test runs and it doesn't seem to be the case. so now I'm at a loss and a little irritated at the progression I've potentially been missing out on.

any help would be appreciated.

Are you absolutely sure you're playing on vanilla Interloper?  Is your game progression being added under both current game and Interloper in your journal stats?  If custom, you'll only see things accumulating under the current game.  Any other mods, perhaps? 

no mods for sure. I've never installed mods for this game. I'm not sure about the stat progression you mentioned I'll have to test that next time I start a game.

when I start a run I am just going through the choices survival>interloper>gender>feats>sandbox name>start. so aside from adding my one unlocked feat I'm not tweaking any of the settings before I launch.

What I would do then is check out to see whether your getting increases to any of the various stats under interloper in your journal.  e.g. Is your kill count increasing in both your current game and interloper as you're playing in interloper, etc.  Then, I'd do a support ticket giving all the details to Hinterland's support team.  If you are truly in no modded interloper, AFAIK your feats should be progressing same as in any other standard, non-custom difficulty.

I should add that there was a point in time where I thought I wasn't getting additional kms travelled in my most explored world.  I eventually finished getting the feat progression in a different save and put it off to the thought that perhaps that feat didn't take into account re-traveling over previously explored areas.  In that case though, my fire starter feat was definitely still progressing.

Edited by UpUpAway95

thanks for the response. I'll try out your suggestions when I play tonight and update with my findings.

Just to clarify. when I'm in a game on the stats screen I should see 2 tabs? one for the current game and then one cumulative for the specific difficulty I'm playing on? and if things are progressing correctly I should see stats increasing in both as I play, right?

1 hour ago, Rajule said:

thanks for the response. I'll try out your suggestions when I play tonight and update with my findings.

Just to clarify. when I'm in a game on the stats screen I should see 2 tabs? one for the current game and then one cumulative for the specific difficulty I'm playing on? and if things are progressing correctly I should see stats increasing in both as I play, right?

No... I don't know what the UI looks like on the PC (could be different), but on the Xbox One, if you open your inventory (pressing Y), you will see six tabs at the top of the screen, the first takes you to your Status scren (where you see your character and their afflictions and buffs); the second tab is your clothing screen (where you can change what your character is wearing), the third is your general inventory, the fourth is your crafting menu, and the fifth is your journal (shows up as an open book), and the last one is your map (if you've been doing any mapping).

When you open up the journal (open book tab), you should see five tabs running down the left side.  The first is your daily log and you can tab over at the top to notes.  The second is your skills progression (only for the current game, no tabs on the top), the third is your collections (notes, cairns, and buffer memories), the fourth is a place where you can write your own notes, and the last one is the one you want to look at... it's your stats.

When you open the stats tab, you should seen five columns:  Current Sandbox and then 4 "all time" columns for each of the 4 standard difficulties.  This is where you can really tell if your current game is or is not adding to your all time stats since there is no all-time column for any custom games.  So, if you add a Day Survived in your Current Sandbox and one of the other 4 columns does not also increase by a day, then your current sandbox is being treated as a custom game.  For vanilla interloper difficulty, you should see the numbers in the last column increase simulataneously with those in your current sandbox.

Edited by UpUpAway95

8 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

No... I don't know what the UI looks like on the PC (could be different), but on the Xbox One, if you open your inventory (pressing Y), you will see six tabs at the top of the screen, the first takes you to your Status scren (where you see your character and their afflictions and buffs); the second tab is your clothing screen (where you can change what your character is wearing), the third is your general inventory, the fourth is your crafting menu, and the fifth is your journal (shows up as an open book), and the last one is your map (if you've been doing any mapping).

When you open up the journal (open book tab), you should see five tabs running down the left side.  The first is your daily log and you can tab over at the top to notes.  The second is your skills progression (only for the current game, no tabs on the top), the third is your collections (notes, cairns, and buffer memories), the fourth is a place where you can write your own notes, and the last one is the one you want to look at... it's your stats.

When you open the stats tab, you should seen five columns:  Current Sandbox and then 4 "all time" columns for each of the 4 standard difficulties.  This is where you can really tell if your current game is or is not adding to your all time stats since there is no all-time column for any custom games.  So, if you add a Day Survived in your Current Sandbox and one of the other 4 columns does not also increase by a day, then your current sandbox is being treated as a custom game.  For vanilla interloper difficulty, you should see the numbers in the last column increase simulataneously with those in your current sandbox.

So I did what you suggested. started a new vanilla interloper game ran around did some stuff while checking my current game stats vs the interloper stats and interloper. mainly focused on calories burned since thats constantly changing, and none of the interloper stats seemed to go up. not only that but stats for all other difficulties are at zero and I know for sure I've played at least 2 vanilla stalker runs that went fairly long so it definitely shouldn't be zero...

15 hours ago, Rajule said:

So I did what you suggested. started a new vanilla interloper game ran around did some stuff while checking my current game stats vs the interloper stats and interloper. mainly focused on calories burned since thats constantly changing, and none of the interloper stats seemed to go up. not only that but stats for all other difficulties are at zero and I know for sure I've played at least 2 vanilla stalker runs that went fairly long so it definitely shouldn't be zero...

All of the tables can be reset to 0 by the player, so perhaps that is why your stalker runs aren't showing up.   As for the interloper stats not going up along with the current game, as long as you're sure you're starting your interloper games from the Interloper difficulty and not using the Interloper template under the Custom difficulty, I suggest you start a support ticket.  It may be a bug.