How does this new update impact existing games?

Bronco

I'm about 110 days into a game trying to achieve master level on all survival skills (for the steam achievement) and I'm currently master on all of them but 2 (mending and archery). Now I'm suddenly at level one with the revolver with all but 3 zones cleared/explored, what are my chances of achieving master with the revolver. Do I need to retrace every zone to get enough ammo for the revolver to achieve master level? I believe this update should only apply to new playthroughs because honestly, I feel like I just wasted 110 days for nothing :(

• Upvote 1

Calm down!

You can actually explore every region again if you want to find the revolver and the ammo. However, you will not find them in looted containers. I am on 102 day survival and I purposely avoided 4 regions (Forlorn, Broken, Hushed and Mountain) just for the update sake.

So far, I found like 55 revolver ammo (most in broken and mountain) but no revolver book at all. I did manage to find the revolver though, in Lower Dam on a table. The dam was already looted fully several days ago but the revolver did spawn there as normally.

Remember, the spawning locations are randomized like rifles. I can assure you that you did not waste your time or whatever. HOWEVER, mastering the revolver might be difficult.

EDIT: What zones/regions you did not visit at all / not looted at all?

Edited by thekillergreece

Lol, about the same as you, Forlorn, Broken and Hushed. I'm currently stationed in the gas station in Coastal, it will check out the dam or maybe the trapper's cabin while I'm at it. I'm still without a hammer so once I find out, I'll head back to DP and check out those locations as well. Thank you for responding. Good to know there appears to be plenty of ammo. 

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bronco said:

Lol, about the same as you, Forlorn, Broken and Hushed. I'm currently stationed in the gas station in Coastal, it will check out the dam or maybe the trapper's cabin while I'm at it. I'm still without a hammer so once I find out, I'll head back to DP and check out those locations as well. Thank you for responding. Good to know there appears to be plenty of ammo. 

Cheers!

I just found a revolver firearm book in a car by the Gas Station of CH. Few rounds and a revolver box in some houses.

So yeah, just start searching every interior of all regions again! You might find rounds, revolver and ammo boxes! :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

I just found a revolver firearm book in a car by the Gas Station of CH. Few rounds and a revolver box in some houses.

So yeah, just start searching every interior of all regions again! You might find rounds, revolver and ammo boxes! :)

Thanks mate, that sounds encouraging. That'll give me something to do while I sit on 36 kg of bear meat :) 

11 hours ago, Bronco said:

Thanks mate, that sounds encouraging. That'll give me something to do while I sit on 36 kg of bear meat :) 

After about 8 in-game days of searching revolver and stuff, the outcome:

2 Revolvers

123 revolver ammo

2 revolver books

About 8 go drinks.

So yeah. Hell, two books will almost bring you to skill level 3. That's more than enough.

Not as lucky as you. Here's my tally after about 12 in-game days.

0 Revolvers

23 ammo

2 revolver books

1 go drink

Will keep looking. Having fun with the new sprain mechanic. Had back to back sprains on the same hill (both ankle and wrist in both cases). That's way too frequent if you ask me.