StalkerPlus. AKA, InterloperLite

GothSkunk

With the addition of Birch Bark Tea, I've decided to dive into an old custom sandbox, a custom sandbox setting for those who find Stalker too easy, but Interloper too unforgiving. I present to you:

STALKERPLUS    or InterloperLite

Code: 8lmY-nmpa-KBof-DSyG-LgEA.

(Note, that first quadrant is hard to tell between an l and an I, so phonetically, it is Eight-ell-emm-why)

FEATURES OF STALKERPLUS:

1. Expect Stalker level gear. You'll find hunting rifles, revolvers, hatchets and knives, and wolves a-plenty.

2. Stalker calorie burn rate is too low. in STALKERPLUS you can expect to burn calories at the same rate that you would in Interloper. It's a superwinter; you'll need to burn more calories on average just to maintain body temperature

3. Stalker condition recovery is too high. WAY too high. In STALKERPLUS, condition recovery is set to LOW, both the default rate, and the "At-rest" recovery rate. Ration your food at your own risk, toy with hypothermia at your peril, and beware of food poisoning. Use Herbal tea sparingly, and pick up every piece of birch bark you find, because without them, the most condition you will recover in a 10 hour sleep is 10%. This makes wolf attacks VERY punishing, as it will force you to hunker down and play it very safe at your base while you recover from the wounds inflicted upon you. 

Not going to lie, this game mode makes starting in TWM or PV pretty much a death sentence. Time spent freezing is excruciatingly punishing on account of being unable to recover back the % condition you lose. I started in TWM with this game mode today, at night, with heavy fog. I froze to death halfway through PV en route to CH. 

Edited by GothSkunk
  • Upvote 1

Not going to lie, this game mode makes starting in TWM or PV pretty much a death sentence

I find, in interloper, my best starts are often in PV and TWM.  The weather is warm early game so moving around shouldn't be a problem. The Mountaineer Hut always has nice loot if you start in TWM. The three money places to hit in PV is the Barn, the Farmhouse, and Signal Hill . If you move to CH, then the Crossroad Store also, but I've had playthroughs and not find shite there. Once you've looted those places, your gear should be primo and you'll only be at day 4-5 and can start deciding if you want to forge at Rikken or the Muskeg. But, since your playing stalker loot, the forging doesn't really matter.

I started in TWM with this game mode today, at night, with heavy fog. I froze to death halfway through PV en route to CH. 

Heavy fog at night is an unlucky start.

Edited by Veesway

2 hours ago, Veesway said:

Heavy fog at night is an unlucky start.

Indeed.

And according to what make up the default settings for Stalker and Interloper in the Custom Sandbox configurator, a heavy fog start is the default for all new Stalker and Interloper sandboxes. Yikes!