Old Hunting Lodge Redux Issue

galadhlinn

Ok, I've searched on these forums and youtube and the greater www to no avail.  I suspect that I'm not finding an answer to my issue question due to recent changes to episode two with redux that are not addressed in older posts.  I have thus far saved Jeremiah by getting the antibiotics from the dam and am currently at the old hunting lodge.  I took the spear to the maintenance shop and repaired it, but while there learned through searching for another question I had that I should have had cutscenes when picking up the rifle and the flashlight, so not having seen the rifle, I went back to the lodge where I am now.  I created a save there, so I can go back to this point should I learn a proper solution.  There is no rifle that I can find.  I have removed every cardboard box and used my lantern to illuminate every crevice, nook and cranny.  Back at my first visit to the lodge when I picked up the flashlight, it was as if a cutscene was going to begin (fade to black screen), but then it didn't happen, and the game went back to play mode with no cutscene.  I also never encountered one of the forest talkers, as I've read that I should have.  I have picked up and read every note I have come across, but have read online that one of the notes I'm actually supposed to put the note in my inventory.  Again, it's hard to know with the changes due to redux.  I have the climbing rope, and have eaten and picked up some of the supplies but not all.

Here are a couple of things that I did that may have broken the quest line:

1. I have not repaired Jeremiah's rifle, possibly because I did not take it with me to the dam because I'd like to do this run without using a rifle of any sort.  Is this quest breaking?

2.  I went to the lookout station on the way to the dam, and now I've read that the lookout station comes into play at a later point in the story.

On a side note, I got the flashlight to briefly work.  Mostly it doesn't showing that the battery is dead, but one time I equipped it, the battery showed as full and the flashlight worked great!  I have repaired it to 100%, but this has not resulted in the flashlight working reliably.  Is it supposed to?  Or was the one time it did a glitch?  Or does it work only during Aurora?

Thanks for any and all replies.

There is no rifle in the Hunting Lodge, and no rifle repairing in the Redux version. Those elements were there in the previous iteration of Wintermute, but things have changed. You can go pretty much anywhere anytime, so you won't break anything by going somewhere "out of sequense. The flashlight only works during the Aurora, and only for a short time (then the aurora has to recharge the battery).

Archived