Custom Toolbox Settings

Mad Stratz

In the Custom Toolbox setting for Survival there is a setting called Reduce Container Item Density.

I'm unclear on what the three options for what the seetings do mean. Does None turn off the Item density reduction or make every container empty? Whats yhe difference between None, Low, and High?

• 2 weeks later...

The setting is worded in a confusing and somewhat contradictory way. I recall reading the following on Reddit about this same issue, so please do not take this as fact.

When the game launches a sandbox, it pre-generates all items in all containers. There is a chance when you search that container that the item will, even if it was supposed to have something in it, randomly "roll" to have the container be empty anyway.

I believe how it works is the "none" setting just means that any container with a generated item inside will always have it inside if you search it. So setting it to high would mean that a lot of containers that would have items in them will instead have nothing.

This is counter-intuitive to the way the setting is phrased however, and since this is all hidden information that is hard to quantify, I am not sure if anyone but the developers knows for sure what the setting does specifically.

Archived