Buzzing sound problem - GPU

Clockworker

Hi,

First of all, this game is really amazing! :D

I've noticed my graphic card is doing an electrical buzz when I choose the graphic options : Ultra or High.

It's not the common sound of a coil whine hissing, but more like a electrical buzzing sound (even going through my speaker.)

My GPU is Nvidia Geforce GTX 770.

The vSync is already on and it's getting a lot worse if I deactivated it.

Thanks! ^-^

PS : It's the only game doing this... :cry:

Edit : Forgot to mention, the buzzing is more loud in the ''interior/houses/etc.''.

Have you been monitoring your gpu temps? I know it's an odd question, you wouldn't expect a game like this to work a card like yours hard, but I've noticed on my pc that I get temps of 10-15 degrees c higher on my gpu playing this game over games I'd expect to be much more demanding. It's just a thought, I'm not too familiar with issues like this.

Strange your GPU is actually pretty high end. I have EVGA GTX 760 FTW edition without any issues.

Did you install MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X? Those will enable you to check temperatures and utilization. Did you check the fan speed during buzzing?

Great to hear from you guys! :)

I don't think this is a temperature issue.

I have finished Alien : Isolation at ultra and didn't have the whining coil. Same for the game Witcher 2...

I just wanted to ''flag'' the problem.

I know the GTX 770 is well known for the whining coil issue when the vSync is off. (I seriously don't know why..)

But in the Long Dark, it sound more like an electrical buzz and that's very strange...

I will check with the EVGA Precision X, Thanks!

Edit :

The Long Dark

Ultra :

GPU Temp : 44c

Voltage : 1200

GPU clock : 1215

Alien : Isolation

Ultra :

GPU Temp : 55c

Voltage : 1200

GPU clock : 1215

• 3 weeks later...