Custom modes tweakin problems

Deerber

Hi Hinterland guys! First of all, after being gone for a while, I would like to thank you again for this wonderful game and the love you clearly put into it :)

I've come back to TLD mainly attracted by the new custom modes, which should in theory satisfy my own desires and save me from the little aspects of this game that annoyed me enough to stop playing it, back some months/years ago.

I can't describe well enough how excited I was about that, but it turned out... Custom settings have pretty serious problems. What made me notice it is that I can't, for the life of me, make my game start in a blizzard. I could start a few at first, but now I just can't anymore. Every single time I ask to be put in a blizzard, I get put in a light fog. When I quit the game, and start a new custom mode, every setting is as I left it, except for starting weather, which is now light fog (100% of the times), and a couple other stats, namely wildlife detection range and wolf spawn distance. I've tested it out a bit everything indicates that those settings won't work as I wanted them too either. They rather work the way I find them when I quit and start again (close & close).

But that's not the end of it. I'm pretty sure there are some other settings which are off too. Aside from the fact that the default setting for stalker is that wolf struggles does no condition damage (is that right?), but the fact is that if I keep the setting no condition damage, I actually get *insanely high* condition damage whenever I struggle with a wolf. And by insanely high I mean that at the start of the game I get killed by it from 100% condition before I can manage to reach even a third of the struggle bar. It's pretty... Insane, but most of all, it does not abide by the settings I put in.

So... What's the deal with this? Are you guys aware of these problems? Are they being worked on? Cause that's the sole reason I got excited to play this game again after all this time... :( I wanna come back to it! But I can't with these issues to custom modes, the default ones all have some things which annoy me to no end...

The custom settings are notoriously tricky, with a few that are either worded badly or don't seem to work as intended.  The fact that clicking through the pre-existing difficulty modes' settings in Custom mode clearly don't line up with their actual values is a well-known issue.  I've personally had some trial-and-error trouble trying to get the loot levels correct, as there are several moving parts there and how they interact isn't 100% clear. 

I'm quite sure they're aware and are almost certainly working on it.  It takes time, issues are usually not fixed in one patch from when they are discovered, but I've been hanging around for years now and it seems to me that they'll get to it.  Right now they're tuning up Episodes 1-2, they just dropped Vigilant Flame, and ostensibly Ep3 is on the horizon, so their small team probably has their hands full.  But I don't doubt this fix will come around on the wheel.

Archived