More features on maps

cullam

I sometimes find the charcoal maps counter-intuitive. Things you might not need to know about, like where there was once a deer carcass feature prominently, but crucial navigation features, like where there's a snow-shelter, or where to find a rock climbing wall, go entirely absent. I'd like a few more of the key map features to be visible on the maps, or at least the ability for us to export our maps and update them ourselves by hand. (I mean, we can theoretically do it with a screen shot, but you either have to zoom way out, or take a bunch and stitch them together, which if you're doing that after every few map updates would be incredibly tedious). 

So it would be nice to be able to add our own lines and symbols to the map in game, or auto include a few more crucial ones. If I was to go for real pie in the sky type of wishful thinking, I'd request a tablet app that let you export and view your maps on an ipad/android, where you could easily modify them, and even use them while playing. But now I'm probably just getting silly. 

Archived