Pilgrim Report

francoisb

Hi all!

I wanted to complete the Hopeless Rescue challenge, but got lost on my way up Timberwolf Mountain, and died because of a triple bear attack, at night... I decided I was going to get to know the mountain much better. I started a sandbox run in Pilgrim mode, in Timberwolf Mountain.

I'm now on day 50+ of this run, and I'm enjoying myself. I have to agree though, I have way too many resources: I probably have 50 kg of deer meat waiting for me in Mountaineer's Hut, plus various bits and pieces I've left lying around when I was going up/down ropes.

In order to make the run more interesting, I decided I was going to map out the region. I would thus become a Faithful Cartographer :)

Anyways, playing in Pilgrim mode, I realized that I like the resource challenge of Interloper, but the aggressiveness of wildlife is too much for me. On my next run, I'll use Custom mode and dial down aggressiveness while keeping everything else at Interloper (or Stalker) difficulty. I believe this will be my sweet spot.

Thanks, have fun, and be wary of the frozen apocalypse!

Archived