Clothing bonuses

Supermarioman1

1 hour ago, Supermarioman1 said:

Am i correct in saying that wearing 2 items of the same type only gives the bonus to temperature of 1 of the items ?

Not... quite. There are two different clothing bonuses directly related to warmth: "Warmth Bonus" and "Windproof Bonus". All of your Warmth bonuses are added together, and this number is always applied directly to your Feels Like temperature. Your Windproof value, however, is calculated a bit differently, and works differently. Only the *outermost* items in each slot (head, torso, hands, accessories, legs, and feet) contribute to your windproofness. So if you're wearing a jacket, its Windproof value will replace and supersede that of any inner jacket or sweaters you're wearing. And the Windproof value merely negates the penalty given by strong winds, it does not add directly to your Feels Like bonus.

As an example, the maximum Windproof value (that I can tell) is 15° -- Balaclava with no toque, Expedition parka, Gauntlets or Rabbitskin Mitts, Wool ear wrap, Snow pants, and Insulated or ski boots; all at 100%.

Also note that Protection value works similarly to Windproofness in that only the outermost item in a given area contributes. Max here (again, that I can tell) is 57% ('clava, moose-hide cloak, gauntlets, ear wrap, deerskin pants, ski boots; and I hope you weren't planning on sprinting anywhere in a hurry).

Archived