Question/clarifications regarding custom settings

AnActualDuck

I've tried looking in to this but I can't find any clear answer so I figured I'd make my own post.

What options determine whether or not hatchets and knives spawn? I know that interloper removes some of the higher quality loot including these two things but I had an interesting situation occur recently. 

So typically I'll play interloper and first thing I always do the moment the game starts is go straight to the nearest shelter. I got bored of repeating this process so I just set the game to spawn indoors. However this is when I noticed that changing it to spawn indoors makes the place I spawn in often times have a hatchet. Meanwhile, if I leave spawn indoors off and change some other setting it would seem the loot spawns are all the same as interloper. So what's the deal with that?

On the topic of start indoors it seems that the option gives a 50/50 chance if it'll actually start you indoors, perhaps that could be a "No/Sometimes/Always" option instead? And one last thing; maybe this is too much to ask but could there be a sub section in custom to just toggle on and off the loot you want to spawn rather than just the rifle? I'd just really prefer more precise fine tuning so I can be certain of what I'm changing.

On 29/01/2018 at 10:28 AM, AnActualDuck said:

And one last thing; maybe this is too much to ask but could there be a sub section in custom to just toggle on and off the loot you want to spawn rather than just the rifle? 

+1 I'd really like to see this also . I love that I can now play interloper with no cabin fever and also think it would be cool to do a run with the rifle. (But just one)

However adding a few more modifiers for specific tools/ weapons would just add more variety imo.

Ideally my perfect game setup would be interloper with cabin fever off, 1x gun / 1xgun +1x gun spawn guaranteed at summit ( more of a reward for making it  to summit on interloper) and finally 1x knife and 1x hatchet only throughout the entire world.

I think this would add more variability when starting new interloper runs.

I.e some runs u might not have to go straight to a forge/ just the surprise after a longer run when u find an actual knife /hatchet. Which wont last forever but will give you a short term boost.

Also having only one rifle/ 1+additional  on summit

Would be more In line with an interloper run ( I find it too easy to have multiple rifle spawns on interloper settings)

Archived