Reading Books Bug?

lbpowell

I'm playing on a PC via Steam.  Two questions:

• I can't interact with books to read them (only burn them).  I've seen that other players refer to a "research" option that pops up to read books and I have never seen that in my games.
  • Once you cure animal skins, how do you make leather from them (in order to repair boots)?

I finished the game yesterday.  Awesome experience.  No graphic or visual problems here. I'm going through the game again and I wanted to see what I originally missed.  I'm not sure if 'book reading' is a bug or not, since it says something like 'eventually, you can read these for knowledge'.  Originally, I thought that maybe my character hadn't progressed enough in the game to unlock 'reading', but I have finished Act II.  Odds are I'm probably missing something obvious...

Thanks for any advice.  

You can't.

There are two types of book, generic books that are only good for burning, and titled books that are readable but also burn.  If your book does not have a title it is generic. Generic books stack based on the color of their binding.  Research books stack separately and you will be warned if you try to burn without reading first.

None of the hides can be turned into leather.  The only way to repair factory-made shoes is to harvest material from another factory-made shoe.  Sometimes you can also find scrap leather laying around.  Sometimes it is even uncured leather that has to be lain on s floor for a few days.  But leather is not makeable from natural sources.  And naturally sourced hides cannot repair leather footwear.  

So says the game.

Archived