Rugged Sentinel - Thank you

ChillPlayer

This update is awesome, I cannot begin to express how much I liked to explore Mountain Town, the last time I had so much fun exploring an area was probably when PV got released. Needless to say it's the first map I've completely mapped out ever, I just couldn't stop. Whenever I thought that after the next corner there must be the way to FM a whole new territory opens up. Suddenly I'm at the crash site, then I spend some nights in the tutorial cave from Wintermute,  found a new rope I never noticed in the Story, a back track to the Radiotower and lastly I found a new "most awesome place in the game" in the Basin, namely the well hidden Rocky Refuge:

rocky.png.278e5ad4433d47728287f56d6b10b4d4.png

Also thank you for not going too crazy with the wolves in Mountain Town as it is the case in Wintermute/Story Mode. It's not difficult to go around the biests and most places are free of them. Only that bear at the bridge is a bit tricky to say the least.

The other thing I absolutely love about this update is the Satchel made of Moose hide. 5 KG is exactly the amount I always had too much on me, expecially when carrying a rifle. Now I can climb ropes without having to drop stuff I'd rather keep on to, which means I do climb ropes now where previously I would "crouch" down the mountain :D

Oh and of course I love 33KG of parasites free meat from the Moose although it's really hard to find, did only manage to catch one so far on my travels from PV through ML (there was one right in front of Trapper's) and all of Milton. I saw scratch marks on trees down in the Basin but no Moose yet, will probably find another one in FM.

Haven't tried Wintermute yet so I can't comment on that but the update to Survival Mode is awesome, thank you very much Hinterland ;)

@ChillPlayer Thanks for this note, and the kind words. We're pretty happy players get to explore the "unified" world now in Survival Mode. And yes, lots of nooks and hideouts to explore!

In terms of the Custom Tool box settings, you'll see at the top of the settings screen an option to switch between all 4 Experience Modes, as well as "Custom." This will automatically change all the settings to what they would be on Pilgrim or Stalker, etc. That way you can use them for reference, and then change one, two, or as many of the individual settings as you would like. 

Toolbox.png

Archived