31 days and no Aurora

wintermute2029

The Only i was able to get the aurora fast was to go to the cave where we get to Mistery Lake from the previous area of the game (nearby Trappers Cabin) and wait there. When you wait the cave entrance should get green if the aurora kicks in.

I had waited 3 or 4 days at the Dam when i saw someone mentioning that this would make the Aurora to kick in faster and it worked. 

The only problem was that when the aurora kicked in i had to run straigh to the Dam. (Have one or 2 coffees ready to use for this).

Also make sure you're light and leave things u want to carry with you in the Dam ready to be picked up so that u can run faster when the Aurora kicks in at the cave.

There's a spot later in the story that you need to wait for the Aurora again, and I was stuck on that.   The workaround for that issue was this: 

SLEEP A COUPLE HOURS INTO THE NIGHT, and then wake up to check for the Aurora.  It doesn't need to be a full "night's" sleep, you just can't be awake during the couple hours before and after sunset.  

Dunno if it works at the bunker too, but worth a try.

The only other solution I have heard of to this issue that may or may not work is pushing the elevator button in the Dam in Mystery Lake.

I'm not sure what quest you are on, but someone about a week ago said they pushed the button for the elevator and got a visible "quest update" on screen even though nothing updated in the journal.

I don't know if you are at that spot in the game....or if doing that will help you or not, but if you try it and something pops up on the screen then you should get an aurora some night soon after doing that.....

Obviously if that works for you, this is a bug and should be reported because nothing in your journal is telling you to go to the dam and screw with the elevator....yet somehow that has triggered auroras showing up again for some people.....

Archived