Lost saved data on PS4

Ubadiverman

The same thing just happened to me... I was getting a ton of crashes on Wintermute prior to the 1.8 Update. After the update it seemed better until I finally got my first crash since the update. I rebooted and my save was gone. It still displays the save file on the PS4 hard drive but it doesn't detect it within the game. Pretty bummed, I was already almost done with episode 2. I don't have it in me to go back and start all over so if there is no way to recover the save I will probably just give up on this game...

Thanks for the response.

Patch 1.11 has been downloaded but still no trace of my save file. Based on the patch notes it seems that my save has been corrupted. Is there any way to start over from episode 2 so I don't have to play the entire story over again? The game has grayed out episode 2 since my previous save has vanished.

13 hours ago, CinePrime said:

Thanks for the response.

Patch 1.11 has been downloaded but still no trace of my save file. Based on the patch notes it seems that my save has been corrupted. Is there any way to start over from episode 2 so I don't have to play the entire story over again? The game has grayed out episode 2 since my previous save has vanished.

Yes, your save was corrupted and there is, unfortunately, no way to restore it. If the game has episode II grayed out, I guess its just a matter of getting there again :(

Archived