No ear in collectables

Nos2Fly

So I've killed the old bear and took the ear when the pop up came up initially. The game crashed and I was forced to quit and resume.  Upon resuming, the game started off with the bear about 10 feet away walking towards me. I aimed to shoot and it just fell over dead. No shot required. There is no ear in my collectibles, there is no option to take the ear and my progress has been blocked.  I've made the trek from the bear back to Jeremiah twice now thinking I've overlooked something. Both times there is no option to take the ear from the carcass. 

Xbox one v.1.05 (32319) Release

It would help if you could tell us what platform you're playing on (PC, Mac, Linux, XBox or PS4) and also what version number of the game you have.. because right now, updates across various platforms are not all at the same point. Some platforms are still waiting on updates (blame Microsoft and Sony for that) which are already out for others. Until we know what your particular situation is, it's not easy to say what's going wrong for you.

Thanks for the info. According to the release notes for the Xbox v1.05 (32319) update:

• Fixed issue in Bear Hunt mission where the Ear would not spawn under certain circumstances.

So.. you either have a bug, and should submit a bug report, or this is one of those fixes that needs a new game for it to 'take'. Given how far in you are, I hope it's not the latter. @Patrick Carlson, could you find out which scenario is the case? The bear dying without a shot being fired sounds very buglike.

Archived