Stuck in jeremiahs bunker

Austimus14

So I go into jeremiahs bunker and have to wait for the next aurora. I have a good amount of stuff to last a while. But the aurora never comes back....I've gone through 3 cycles of dying from dehydration after about many days of being trapped in there. My checkpoint is at my first night in the bunker. Are the nights scripted? Or does the aurora have a random chance of appearing each night.  I've put in many hours to get this far I really don't want to start over.

I went into the bunker one night during the aurora, without a bedroll, and saw the sparking wire. Figured I had to wait until the aurora was gone to enter as the wire was live. Tried going in the next day, but couldn't due to the electric lock on the door. Then that night, more aurora. So I went in with the bedroll and slept until night was over, was able to pass the wire during the day. Then I realized the exit would only open during the aurora, so I slept until night. More aurora, so I left.

So I had three back-to-back nights with aurora. I just assumed that the game knew since I was in or around the bunker that it should pop the aurora so that I wouldn't get stuck waiting around. Not sure why you're getting stuck inside for so long - I would imagine the dev team would make it so that this is nearly impossible. Could be a bug. Can you hear blizzards outside or does it seem calm?

Archived